Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneylnd) Hyatt Regency

diamonddvd
By diamonddvd,
in

Hellow,

I will be in Anaheim 3/28 ~ 3/31 for seminar (Anaheim conventional center) and stay around LAX 3/31 ~ 4/1 for morning airline. How much do I need to bid for Anaheim? For LAX, I may bid less than $40 but for Anaheim, I have no idea. Because there is ACS meeting so price would be high. I want 3 star. ^.^

I will bid tomorrow morning and I need your help.

Thanks.

Using the Hotel Price Checker I took a quick look and rates for Anaheim don't seem too out of line for your dates.

You didn't say what star level you're interested int so i guessed it was 3*.

I'd first try this approach for a 3* property:

Select 3* Anaheim:

Bid $32, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $37, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $39, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $41

If you're not familiar with re-bidding you can read about it here:

PRICELINE TIPS RE-Bidding Explained

If you're rejected with the above you still have plenty of time to try again.

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the above (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're not familiar with that strategy).

Please start a new post for your LAX stay since that is for a different date and different zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for advice.

I'm newbie for rebidding :)

When I searched Anaheim, Anaheim hills was automatically choosed. But if possible I preferred anaheim marriot, clarion, coast, Hilton anaheim which are next to conventional center. Still is it O.K. with default choosed Anaheim hills for bidding?. One more question, I looked hotel list and I think Fullerton-Brea is only one area for possible rebidding area (for 3* bidding), am I missing something?

Thanks.

I just took a look at the zones that come up. Anaheim Hills isn't selected - it's greyed out so it can't be selected. That means that Priceline is not offering that zone now. If a zone is selected, you see a checkmark next to it.

Note that some of the 3* hotels that come up when you select Anaheim - Disneyland are actually about a mile away in Garden Grove (e.g. Hyatt and Crowne Plaza), but most people don't find this a big problem depending what they are looking for.

If a zone is selected, it would have a check-mark in it. Anaheim Hills is greyed-out, meaning that you couldn't select it if you wanted to (Priceline doesn't currently have any contracts with hotels in this zone).

Fullerton-Brea is NOT a re-bid zone as it has 3* hotels.

You are looking for zones that only offer hotels lower than 3* (and not 3* and higher). Go back to the screen you were looking at with the list of zones:

-select the first box (and that box only) and click NEXT

-note if the zone contains 3* or higher hotels, if it does, it is NOT a re-bid zone (if it only has 2.5* and less, it IS a re-bid zone for your purposes)

-click BACK on your browser

-UNcheck the first zone and select the next zone (so now that is the only zone selected)

-repeat process until you are out of zones

When you have completed the above, you should find three zones that only offer hotels that are 2.5* and below.

Report back and we'll confirm what you find or clarify further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Certainly a great deal.

Somebody else could bid lower and try it, but i think this is the lowest that has been successful in this area (and is not always available).

Were you able to figure out your re-bid zones or did you just hope it wouldn't come to that? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]