Has anyone been able to get their money back from

acecatus
By acecatus,
in

I recently bid on a 3.5 star hotel for $56 dollars. However, the hotel I received doesn't come close to 3.5 stars according to their own definition. Basically, it lacks amenities which PL states are found in a 3.5 star hotel. I emailed them and asked for my money back since the hotel didn't meet their specifications. However, I never received a response, even though I emailed them three times. The charge has not yet been posted to my credit card. When the charge comes through I intend to dispute it. Has anyone had any luck getting their money back from Pricewire? BTW, I offered to take a more acceptable hotel in lieu of a refund, but they never responded to my emails.

Do you mean a 2.5* hotel, since Priceline does not have a 3.5* ranking?

Do you want to post any details about the hotel?

What amenities is it lacking?

Priceline has definitely assigned the wrong ratings to hotels before and had to re-rate them and then refunded the bidder's money.

BTW, although not related to this post, Priceline has different criteria for European hotel ratings, so be sure to look very carefully at the description in any event.

Please add the details of your winning bid to the board as a new topic, but you can link to this thread in your post if you'd like to show your disatisfaction with the resulting hotel.

This board is willing to help you with this problem, but you need to post your bid results first. The reason for this this twofold:

1) this board has been successful on account of users posting their winning bids. Without winning bids to see the board wouldn't be as active, and then there would be nobody to help with problems (such as yours) that arise.

2) some of us may have more information about the property in question and can comment if the rating is accurate and whether or not your have a legitimate complaint

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]