Priceline Hotel: Help in a hotel In Philadelphia

duranie
By duranie,
in

I am new to this forum but it looks great. Like another newbie said, you seem so much friendlier than another forum out there.

I am going to Philly 1 night, taking my husband for his birthday. We will be driving from NYC early on a Saturday in June. I'd like to stay some place really special but also walking distance to the King Tut exhibition since we will go there early Sunday.

What part of town in Philadelphia should I be trying for? Obvoiusly Downtown Philly 4 stars on Priceline if I try that first but I am confused with Hotwire....don't know if it is City Center East or West or Historic District)

I believe Hotwire is offering up 4* Westin in City Center East for $179

3.5* Wyndham for $113 in City Center West

and 4* Hyatt Regency Penns landing for $199, are any of those incredible deals?

If I were to bid on Priceline for 4*... is there a good chance I'd get 1 of them for half that price?

1 more question to any Philadelphia natives, where do we go for the best cheesesteak? Is that close also? I think I heard of Gino's?

Thank you!

1 more question to any Philadelphia natives, where do we go for the best cheesesteak? Is that close also? I think I heard of Gino's?

you mean Geno's?? This is a good steak made with rib eye, better than Pat's King of Steaks, which is down the street from Geno's. Also try Tony Luke's on Oregon Ave., order a Cheesesteak and a Roast Pork Italian, split each sandwich and report back which is the better 'wich. :) Finally, some argue that the best cheesesteak is available at John's on Snyder Ave. near Columbus Blvd, which is the street that the Hyatt Regency is located.

If I were to bid on Priceline for 4*... is there a good chance I'd get 1 of them for half that price?

Doubtful! What are your dates of travel and your maximum bid per night? For someplace really special, the Four Seasons is right on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway!

The 3.5* Wyndham is now the Sheraton and is within walking distance to the Franklin Institute. There is a parking garage operated by the Philadelphia Parking Authority at 1540 Vine St. that is fairly close and on weekends has parking for $5 per day. I believe that the Philadelphia Musuem of Art is either free or pay as you wish on Sunday Mornings before noon.

Enjoy Tut!

I am going June 16 - 17th.

Which Sheraton is it now?

I was realy interested in this hotel: Radisson Plaza Warwick Hotel

I wonder if Hotwire will have it up soon. Someone wrote that work/ construction is being done right now on it, I wonder if it would be finished by June 16th.

I thing 4 Seasons is beyond my budget. I keep looking at The Rittenhouse Hotel, that is on Priceline but not on the name Your Price.

Is the Warwick walking distance to King Tut?

I'll definitly try some of those Cheesesteaks!

Thanks!

Elaine

The 3.5* Wyndham is now the Sheraton City Center. The Warwick is about 1 mile from the Franklin Institute, a nice walk in June if the sun's out.

What are your dates of travel that resulted in the $113? Can you also list the amenities?

Can you check HOTWIRE again... is there a also a Restaurant icon? If so, then yes, this is a match for the Sheraton City Center and that would be our best guess.

Rates directly from the Sheraton website start at $190/nite so it would seem like a pretty good deal. You could potentially do a little better on priceline, but then you would have less 'control' at targeting a specific property and/or having an idea of the location beforehand.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I just tried Priceline for that 1 night... 4star... I bid up to $129... used all my free rebids, and got rejected for all of them June 16th.

I wonder what the winning price would be?

Yes, sorry I forgot to write Restaurant icon for the 3.5 star for $113.

They also offer 2 4 stars...

1 is $179 City Center East

gym, restaurant, business center, hi speed internet

1 is $199 Historic Penn's Landing

gym, pool, restaurant, business center, hi speed internet

I will most certainly use your HOTWIRE link if I use them.

I keep looking at the Loews though, they offer a $199 package, that is 1 night at the hotel and 2 King Tut VIP tickets... that seems to be the best deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]