Priceline Hotel: 1* Scranton-Poconos (Tannersville-Bartonsville) Knights Inn

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

needed book a last minute room in the Poconos area, didn't want to spend more than $50 even though it was a Saturday night during ski season. Started out by checking with HOTWIRE, but they had a 2* for $56 with a single amenity: Swimming Pool. Maybe this property was trying to mask its identity, so I thought I could do better with Priceline. Started bidding at the 3* level @ $52, rejected. Lowered to 2.5* and bid $52, rejected again. Dropped to 2* and bid $50, but was rejected. Finally went down to 1* and bid $45, success!

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.16

Total Charges: $57.16

a personal new low, this was my first 1*. Reviews on Tripadvisor were brutal as were reviews on Priceline's "shop and compare" site, so I was not expecting much. Check in took about 20 minutes because the hotel did not have my reservation, despite my winning bid accepted about 4 hours earlier. It took about 15 minutes to get past Pricelines automated customer service system and speak to a live agent. This guy just about had a pulse and eventually turned me over to someone else to investigate. Got a small room with two doubles, non-smoking and it was just OK for one night. It took about an hour for the heating system to warm up the room. Continental breakfast consists of coffee, mini muffins and mini honey buns, a real joke. The rack rate was $79 and the rate through the Priceline "shop and compare" site was $59, so I was pleased with my bid. This hotel is very close to both Camelback Ski area as well as Shawnee Mountain, the latter had good conditions and short lift lines that made for a great day of skiing. Went to dinner at Smuggler's Cove in Tannersville, a great restaurant filled with both locals and out-of-towners, and I would recommend it when in the area. The Poconos zone is a tough one for quality as there are a ton of 2* hotels, few 3*'s. Even the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express get $125 per night, the Comfort Inn gets $100 per night.

Placed my bids through savingsbarn.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]