Hotwire Hotel: 2* Scranton Days Inn

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

saw a 2* Best Value in the Scranton zone with the following amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Restaurant, High-speed Internet Access. Tried bidding on Priceline up to $45 for a 2.5*, but didn't want to go much higher and possibly get the Inn at Nichols Village in Clarks Summit.

1 room(s) @ $43.00

Taxes recovery charges and fees: $11.23

Total:$54.23

The internet rate through Days Inn was $56, with taxes: $61.60. Some of the coupon books found at travel plazas have a $49 coupon for this hotel, so my savings through HOTWIRE were minimal. The hotel features free wifi and has an indoor pool with hot tub.

Accessed the HOTWIRE site through the links at the top of the page.

Brota, I was actually trying for the Courtyard, one of the nicer hotels up in this area, besides the Hilton and Radisson in Downtown Scranton. At the 2* level, there are probably 10-15 hotels that fit this description in the Scranton zone which extends from the WB/Scranton Airport in Avoca all the way north to Clarks Summit. This zone is way too big. The Days Inn is a solid 2*, and because its an older property, it could use a good cleaning. Carpets were a little dirty, the room hasn't been dusted in ages, a few stains on the wallpaper. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, and the usual assortment of juice, coffee, bagels, donuts, english muffins. At check in, I was given a "breakfast pass" that clearly stated "one trip" to the breakfast bar. Signs were posted all over the place that the breakfast was to be consumed in that room, and not to take too much, leave some for the next guest.....AS IF!!! Really good coffee though, albeit served in little 5 oz cups. This would be a great hotel for those wanting to hit the slopes as Elk Mountain (home of Vermont Skiing in PA) is about 40 minutes north and Sno Mountain (formerly Montage) is about 15 minutes south. This property has a bar on the first level, but it sort of looked like mostly locals. There are a ton of chain restaurants in the area and a Wegman's supermarket across the street. I ended up at a little Japanese restaurant in Scranton called Osaka which features sushi and Teppanyaki.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]