Different browsers give different results?

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I have been doing searches on SEA - CDG for a while now (but not ready to pull the trigger).

Anyway, I just did a search via Internet Explorer, and got a price of $687 per ticket.

Two minutes later, I did the same search via Netscape, and got a price of $670 per ticket.

If this had just happened once, I would think it was due to a sudden fluctuation. But in fact, the exact same thing happened to me a couple days ago on a different computer with a different IP - with the two browsers I got different prices, and the prices were the same then as today.

In both cases, the two browers were on the same machine.

I'm not sure if you might get different hotels showing up depending on what browser you use. Maybe give it a try if you aren't seeing the hotel you would like.

I think that this is just another example of Hotwire's price fluctuations.

I have done searches with the same browser and see the price jump around by up to $10... higher, lower, lower again, higher, etc.... all with the same browser.

During this time i don't believe the price is actually fluctuating, but rather Hotwire's percentage mark-up on the room is fluctuating.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]