bturner13

WIN/AWARD ON Priceline/Hotwire?

EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
5% OFF

PRICELINE EXPRESS COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: BB5JUN19

(3+ stars / 2+ nites... expires 6/30/2019)
OR
8% OFF

HOTWIRE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SUMMERTIME8

($100+ HotRate Hotel purchase... expires 6/27/2019)
in

Announcements

• thereuare

IT'S BACK... get notified when Rates Drop!!   03/19/2018

Our newest development, RateDrop.com will monitor hotel prices for your specific dates and notify you if the Rate Drops!   Monitor hotel prices from both PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE, as well as 'regular' retail hotel rates, based upon the specific criteria you choose.   While the benefits of tracking rates from Priceline and Hotwire are obvious, another use is to purchase a refundable hotel rate using RefundableRates.com and then also set an alert for that specific hotel u

I am curious as to why so many of us posters keep saying when we post rooms that we have won or were awarded a room on PL/Hotwire since we aren't in competition with other folks. I see it as a negotiated agreement. I made an offer and it was accepted. I did not win nor was I awarded anything. How do other posters feel about this issue? Thanks :)

You're right, but I think because the deal is often so great, it feels like we have won a lottery or a sweepstakes :).

But it's probably better to think in terms of a negotiated agreement. The hotel feels it is benefitting, or it wouldn't have participated, so they have "won" also.

You are so right, WillTravel! It is a win/win for both the hotel and me! When I can get one of the finest 5 Star hotels in Asia (Shangri-La) for $59/nite I am a winner! :)

I think for me it originates from an "Ebay" mentality of bidding and not knowing and later finding out that you won. Of course, there's no counter bidder here.

These days, PL lets you know in seconds if you have a contract but as we all know, it used to be 15 minutes or more before you knew if you "won".

And yes, pretty much all of the deals make you feel like a winner.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this