Priceline Hotel: Bidding assistance for 03-13-04

Warbird
By Warbird,
in

I am planning a precruise night and would like some assistance in which zone would be best for a short taxi ride to the port. Reading the post by Nanatravel on the 4th of Nov. it would appear that CBD would be close to the port. I would prefer a 3* hotel. Another question would be how far is the airport to the Central Business District? Your help is appreciated.

If you look at THIS MAP (hopefully it works) the star is the location of the New Orleans Cruise Terminal. Compare this map to Pricelne's zones, and it appears that the Convention Center/Garden District is the closest zone (although this zone is somewhat large and some properties will be closer than others).

The CBD and the French Quarter are small and nearby zones, and i think any 3 of these zones would be close enough to make for a short trip to the pier.

Perhaps somebody else more familiar with New Orleans can confirm/refute the proximity of the above zones?

Last time i was in New Orleans was about 3-4 years ago and the taxi rates from the airport to the CBD was fixed and based upon a per person charge. I believe the current charges are $28 for up to 2 people OR $12/pp for 3-5 people. I wish more cities charge on a 'per trip' basis and not by the person.... these are taxis and not group shuttles!

Take a look at the maps/zones mentioned above, let us know which zones you'd be willing to accept, and then we'll supply a suggested bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]