Priceline Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (Convention Ctr) Marriott Suites

wcj1
By wcj1,
in

Bid history:

1/28

3* Convention Center 36 ($76 counteroffer)

and then rebids: 43, 50, 56 (with $76 counteroffers along the way)

2/5

59 (+$17 counteroffer)

62 ($72 counteroffer)

65 acceptance

This is making me believe that thay are giving counteroffers of a specific bid amount (e.g. $76) at lower bidding levels. (This is as opposed to when they give counteroffers of a specific raise (e.g. +$17.)) I do not know exactly how to describe it, but it is different.

BillJ

Thanks for reporting!

Nice job exhibiting patience and continuing to undercut their counter offers with time and re-bid zones!

I think what you are trying to say is that with counter offers Priceline is now suggesting the dollar price to bid rather than the amount to raise your price by.

I'm pretty sure this is just a change in linguistics (maybe to prevent mistakes from the mathematically challenged?) :)

Thanks again for posting and enjoy your time in Vegas!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, it is not a linguistics change, since they still use both. If you look at my last bids again:

2/5

59 (+$17 counteroffer)

62 ($72 counteroffer)

So I bid 59, they asked me to increase by 17. That is $76.

Next bid was 62, they asked me to bid specifically $72.

I have noticed the same thing for a London bid that I am working on. Most of the time they want me to rebid exactly $112. Sometimes, they will say "increase by $x", where my bid + x is higher than 112.

I do think your proximity to the lowest bid triggers different counteroffers, whether it is bix $x or increase your bid by $y.

BillJ

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]