How can I get a deal at "Preferred Hotels"?

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

Does anyone know if there are any sites that offer special rates on "Preferred Hotels and Resorts Worldwide"? Have any of them shown up on Priceline or Hotwire before? I can't help but think there must be SOME way I can get a better rate than their own website. I've fallen in love with one of their properties but want a break on the price... help!

http://www.preferredhotels.com/

They describe themselves as "a collection of the world's finest independent luxury hotels". Does this mean that since they're 'independent' there will be no-deals on these fine properties?

Is there a specific hotel on the list (and dates) you're looking for or have you decided that one of these properties will be your next vacation?

Just taking a quick look at the list i saw NYC's St. Regis on the list and i know they can be booked at other places than their own website.

Don't know if this is your style or not, but if you like to scan different properties, check out this site that specializes in Mexico: Different World

We stayed at Ceiba del Mar thru them for part of our honeymoon and it was amazing!!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, some of the hotels on that site look amazing. I'll have to change my husbands mind about Mexico. He was turned off going to Mexico when his cruise stopped in Cancun -- I keep saying there's much more to Mexico than Cancun! The photos look beautiful!

Anyhow, I finally had a chance to stay at the Willows Lodge outside Seattle in Woodinville. I am in love with that place and want to go back in May when they have the concerts at the nearby winery.

I just want the best deal possible. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks for the link.

Is that winery you're refering to Chte. St. Michelle?

We have a lot of BYOB restaurants in our town so my wife and I by their Riesling by the case and it's our favorite bottle.

We stopped by when we were there in July and had a little picnic on their grounds... sandwiches, wine, and cheese. It was a great time!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, they have concerts every Summer (usually beginning in May). It's great because being private property, it's one of the few places you have a picnic with wine. It would be terrific to have a gourmet picnic and enjoy a free concert. Then going down the road to plush accomodations at the Willows Lodge or enjoying a Spa treatment there... what could be better?

The wine tour was very well done, and our guide was very nice and let us try wines we were interested in (over and above the 3 tastings included in the tour).

I reviewed my stay at the Willows, but didn't post it here since it's not available on Hotwire or Priceline. If you're interested, I can e-mail it to you.

Cheers.

You can add your review to the HOTEL REVIEW section if you'd like, just mention that it's not known to be offered thru Priceline or Hotwire. I did find the hotel offeren thru Expedia and Orbitz, so i'd continue to check a variety of sources. I also just check QuickBook which lists it as a hotel they deal with in the Seattle area, and their prices are often pretty good (but not Priceline/Hotwire good).

Here's our pic(nic):

picnic.jpg

Notice our friend the duck in the background.

PS- i took the picture so i'm not in it

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]