Priceline Hotel: 3* Denver (West) Marriott West

prea
By prea,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a fair 4* hotel just to spend the night in Denver, on my way to/from a snow-week in Breckenridge.

I'll get a rented car in the airport, go to the hotel to spend the night, and leave early in the morning to the ski resort. Same thing in the return...

Do you have any tip/advice about zone and price for me to bid for the hotel room?

Maybe you could also suggest a zone that is on the way to the freeway to breckenridge (my first time in town)...

Thanks a lot!

As you may receive different hotels for each stay, and we would like to reflect the win of each in the topic title, we'll use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll continue this thread for your stay on 2/23 and feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your stay on 3/3.

I've been to Breckenridge many years ago, but don't know the area well enough to say which zone would be best for you to stay. I will say that if cost is a factor that airport hotels are usually some of the cheapest around, if that plays a factor then maybe you want to stay closer to the airport (also considering what time of day/nite you arrive, how much you will/won't want to drive after flying, and how much you'll want to drive the following day). With that in mind i'd look at the priceline zone(s) and make a decision as to where you'd like to stay. Also check to make sure that zone offers 4* bidding as not all zones have 4* hotels.

I'll also add (even though it probably belongs in your future thread for the 3/3 day) that on your return trip i would stay as close to the airport as possible... you never know when weather, accidents, etc will close a road and i always prefer to be close before my flights as it makes for a less stressful day knowing i'm "just 5 minutes away" (in case of car trouble, flat tires, accidents, etc).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info!

I am glad to inform that I got the Marriott Denver West for US$ 52 (regular rate @ US$ 99). Is is well located for my purpose (close to I-71 which is the road to Breckenridge), and seems to be very clean for a one-night resting/recovering stay.

I used the savingsbarn link...

I placed a bid for US$ 40 (denver west - 3*) that was rejected, and surprisingly got a message that if I were willing to bid 12 dollars more they would allow me to place another bid without having to wait 24 hours.... So I did it and got the room for US$ 52.

As for my other stay on mar/3, I am considering your suggestion on getting a Hotel near the airport to be a good choice.

Thanks again, and regards

Luis

Congratulations on your winning bid!

Glad to hear you were successful and that the hotel received will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

If you'd like help with your return stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy your stay and have fun skiiing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]