Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Hilton Washington and Towers

ezed
By ezed,
in

We need 1 room for 6 nites; 4* in Dupont Circle. We are set on this area, with no car, but like the Metro. Would appreciate any suggestions on a bidding strategy. I'm familiar with the zone strategy and see where there maybe 4 no-4* zones (ALX, ARL, CRY, and SPR) available.

Appreciate any ideas and comments on this.

Rates at the previously reported 4* properties are high for these dates, so not sure if your budet will be enough. Using your four re-bid zones you can try as follows:

Select 4* Dupont...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont and re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont and re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110 if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- there is a 4* on HOTWIRE which appears to be the Hilton Washington Towers (this is last reported as a 3* on priceline) for $105... so if this property is of any interest to you, you may want to stop bidding at $105 (of course if you prefer the 4* properties on priceline better then you should continue up to your maximum)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thks much for the strategy. I just went thru it with the 4 re-bid zones, starting at $75 and ending at $115.

No go.

I just checked HW for your 4* idea at $105, and nothing there now for that. I did find a 3.5* for $149, and 3* for $139. . Did you mean Wash. Hilton Towers as 3* on HW and 4* on PL?

Guess we'll do it again (in 24-hrs.) on PL with a max of $125. any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Your note:

PS- there is a 4* on HOTWIRE which appears to be the Hilton Washington Towers (this is last reported as a 3* on priceline) for $105... so if this property is of any interest to you, you may want to stop bidding at $105 (of course if you prefer the 4* properties on priceline better then you should continue up to your maximum)

Ah, I found what you saw.

HW has the 4* for 4/18-4/23 (5 nites) for $104. I bought it for the 5 nites and it is the Hilton Washington and Towers, 1919 Conn.

Pretty crazy pricing on HW as the 4/18-4/24 (6 nites) shows as $255/nite. The Hilton website rate for the 6 nites is $289/nite.

Finally, I checked HW for 4* for 4/23 (1nite, and our last nite) and it shows the 4* at $145.

I also see that it shows as a 3* on PL and was bought by several in Feb. at $80.

So, now I'll look for our last nite 4/23. It would be nice to get the Hilton on PL at $100 or less. Can you suggest a strategy for that?

I'll post the 5-nite buy on the HW Wins.

Many thanks for great help and your sharp eye on this.

Glad to hear it went well and it was the hotel you expected.

Can you confirm that the amenities shown before your purchase were Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Tennis, Business... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Hopefully you also remember to use the HOTWIRE link here at BetterBidding.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nite of your stay so that we can ultmately reflect that win in the topic title of that thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]