Priceline Hotel: Flamingo (or nearby) 1-25 to 1-29 - Prices Vary A LOT

BQuicksilver
By BQuicksilver,
in

Thanks for the great resource, I'm new here but slowly getting the hang of it.

My wife and i are planning to be in Vegas from 1/25/07 to 1/29/07 for a friend's wedding. Most all of the wedding party is staying at the Flamingo, but we are open to anything within a short walk of the Flamingo if there is a significant savings (over $30/night), otherwise I think we'd be best off staying in the Flamingo and trying for the best rate...which I lean toward anyway as it's supposedly a bargain for it's location.

Orbitz Rates:

1/25: $140

1/26: $165

1/27: $175

1/28: $110

It looks like splitting may be on the table, though I'm not sure moving around will go over well with my wife. Any suggestions?

- Should I try to look for non-opaque discount sites given the wide range of prices through those days?

- Would you go with Priceline or Hotwire for a situation like this, where I'm probably looking for the best deal without splitting 4 times for 4 days?

**BTW the Riviera is NOT acceptable due to location.

This is a Thursay-Monday stay which is almost never good in Vegas unless you are willing to split your bid twice (3 different hotels).

The rates you're seeing aren't too bad, but i would make two separate reservations directly from the Flamingo website... one for the first three nites and then one for the last nite. Then for the last nite call them up and take advantage of their best rate guarantee for the last nite, where the hotel website is at $110 and it is cheaper thru EasyClickTravel where it is $103. The Flamingo will then honor the lower $103 rate plus give you an extra 25% off.

If you're budget is very tight you can book the Excalibur for $89/nite which does seem like a better value than the nearly $150 for the Flamingo, but don't know if you want to be separate from the others in the party (although it is nearly $50/nite!)

If you're willing to change hotels three times you can probably do better, but it doesn't sound like that is a realistic option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Surely there is a better option than paying rack rates...surely.

Is there a way to give yourself good odds that you'd stay at the Flamingo via 3 bids?

Is there a way to know the Riveira vs Flamingo before bidding, or any others that look like the Flamingo on the description?

Both the Riviera and Excalibur would be too far for us. We're fine with off-strip hotels, but they'd have to be within half the distance of the Riviera and Excalibur.

Surely there is a better option than paying rack rates...surely.

You may think that you're plans are flexible, but they're not flexible enough to use the opaque providers given your paramters.

Add to it that a Thur-Mon stay in Vegas is one of the worst check-in/check-out days of the week and you're stuck finding the best non-opaque deal you can find... i think i've presented your best options above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was talking about opaque OR non-opaque as options. Is calling the Flamingo at rack rates honestly the cheapest out there?

Is there a way to give yourself good odds that you'd stay at the Flamingo via 3 bids?

Is there a way to know the Riveira vs Flamingo before bidding, or any others that look like the Flamingo on the description?

Is calling the Flamingo at rack rates honestly the cheapest out there?
No, the Excalibur is cheaper and a better deal... but given your constraints of just a few nearby hotels, yes, that is the best i think you will do.
Is there a way to give yourself good odds that you'd stay at the Flamingo via 3 bids? Is there a way to know the Riveira vs Flamingo before bidding?
No... which is why, given your constraints/parameters, i've commented above what i believe to be your best deals and options for these dates.

There aren't any non-opaque sites that can beat calling the hotel directly?

Other hotels *near* the Flamingo east or west? As mentioned, I don't need to be on strip, just close to the Flamingo. (probably 1/3 mile max)

On the Flamingo vs Rivieara question, isn't the Flamingo labeled "center strip" while the Rivi would be "North Strip"...at least on hotwire?

Thanks for the help. This is a bit frustrating.

<grrrr>

There aren't any non-opaque sites that can beat calling the hotel directly?
This hotel has a best price guarantee... so it will not be easy to find any non-opaque supplier that offers a cheaper nite than they do directly. I did give you an example of such for one nite of your stay above, but not for the other nites of your stay.
On the Flamingo vs Rivieara question, isn't the Flamingo labeled "center strip" while the Rivi would be "North Strip"...at least on hotwire?
Regardless if these are in the same zone or not... if you do a HOTWIRE search for yoru dates the rate for a 3* property in the center strip is $139/nite. Even if this is the Flamingo, it will be about $2/nite cheaper than booking directly with the hotel after Hotwire's fee is included... hardly worth the risk of an opaque purchase (what if it turns out not the Flamingo?) As well, if you use the Best Rate Guarantee i provided above then your direct purchase would actually end up being less than the HOTWIRE offer.
I don't need to be on strip, just close to the Flamingo
You can't bid for "a hotel 1/3 of a mile from the Flamingo", and as the zones are larger than that distance from the Flamingo, it is not safe for you to bid it. If you need a cheaper rate than the Flamingo is offering then take the Excalibur and take the bus ($2.50/pp) or a taxi to/from the Flamingo... you can do either a few times a day and still come out way ahead since it's more than $50/nite cheaper.

If you go to South West.com via this link you can book the Orleans for $40 per night for those dates, which is a real bargain over a weekend. It is supposed to be a very nice hotel, and gets great reviews, although I have never stayed there. They have a shuttle to their sister hotel, the Barbary Coast, which is next door to the Flamingo. So, if you don't mind being off-strip, I think this might be the way to go.

With the money you are saving you can buy them a really nice wedding present! :)

Nice rate at the Flamingo. Where'd you find that... Works out beautifully for the March 23-25th weekend I need to be there. Can't imagine I am going to find anything on the strip for cheaper than $100/night so I will probably just jump on that one...

Thanks again, would love to know where you stumbled upon that...

I absolutely devoured the Internet trying to find hotel deals. I just kept Googling things like Las Vegas Promotional Codes and I finally ended up at VegasHotelSpecial.com, which is where I found the rates. I looked all over the page to see if there were restrictions (ie Players Club) but I could not find any. I booked the rate no problem and in the confirmation no additional restricitons were added. I guess it's just an e-mail offer they sent to people on their mailing list that some kind soul posted on the Internet.

Glad to help someone else!

• 1 month later...

The special Southwest rates for the Orleans hotel are currently:

Rates from $40 per night, Sunday - Thursday.

Rates from $99 per night, Friday, Saturday, and Holidays.

Offer valid for stays through May 31, 2007.

Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply.

I checked all of the Southwest specials, and none are available for the March 9-11 weekend. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]