Priceline airfare bidding for non-US residents?

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

If you are a non-US resident, it's pretty straightforward to use Priceline US if you have a Mastercard or American Express card for hotels.

However, I'm wondering about bidding for airfare. Do you have to have a valid US postal address in case you are given an itinerary that can only be done with paper tickets? Is there any possibility of trouble arising in terms of national security if you use the same sort of credit card address workarounds that you can use for hotels? Is there any way to know ahead of time whether you are likely to be given paper tickets?

I am thinking of bidding for a ticket to Europe, ex-SEA. So the odds of a paper ticket would perhaps be greater than for a domestic itinerary. It would not be that costly to get a post office box across the border, but it's obviously a big hassle to have to go and pick up the tickets there ahead of time.

I know that Priceline is often not that great for cheap fares anyway, but if I do this, I would have some latitude to change the dates to try to get something as cheap as possible.

I looked at Hotwire and they have a feature where you can buy an e-ticket if you have a non-US address, but not a paper ticket. You enter your credit card information and then you find out if you are successful.

Priceline, understandably, doesn't have this feature for the "name your own price" tickets. The shipping address can be different from the credit card address, but the shipping address definitely has to be in the US.

So, most likely, if I do use an opaque service I will choose Hotwire in this case.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]