Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3* Hotel in Midtown South (MTS)

lambrosk
By lambrosk,
in

This property has not yet been identified. The retail price seems to match the Marcel, and usually this is a very bad way to guess at hotels, but in this case the 'boutique' description seems to fit (as does the star rating)... so while i'm far from certain, that would be my best guess. The reviews are not very good, but if you do choose to book it please use our HOTWIRE link to do so..

For just a bit more you could book a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $145/nite (there is no booking fee, so about $15 more than the HOTWIRE property above). The Eastgate Tower is also available for $151/nite and both of these get good reviews (the Beekman is a bit less centrally located to the subway... the Eastgate is a 4 block walk to Grand Central). The Affinia Manhattan also has a studio suite available for $151/nite, is right across the street from Penn Station, and is ranked 22 out of 329 NYC hotels (for what that is worth :) )

Do either of the above work for you? Or in the same ballpark you may be able to try for a 4* on Priceline... but it would most likely in one of the other midtown locations and not MTS.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Marcel got horrible reviews, thanks for the heads up!! I just got told by my sister that I need to stay in MTE... Do you think I would have better luck on Priceline? I've never used it, I don't know what the best strategy would be.

I would like to stay in a 4* hotel if I could... I figure it's January - I should be able to get a good deal somewhere! Thanks for the reply :)

Can i ask why you have to stay in MTE? (or at least, what exactly will you be doing on this trip?)

I know NYC very well and it's one area where most midtown locations would suit the average visitor fine. The Beekman above is in MTE... the Eastgate is technically in MTS, but walk two blocks and you're in the MTE zone.

Let us know exactly what you're needs are location-wise and your maximum bid... we'll then advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I won't stay Downtown or in Times Square. I don't really want to stay too far up next to the park because my best friend lives on 15th and my sister lives in MTE, she wanted me to be close to her dorm. I'm bringing my fiance along this time - hence the reason we have to get a hotel - and I enjoy the Midtown area. There's places for him to walk around and see if I'm not with him. Right now I have a reservation at the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central for $179... I would like to beat that... Thanks!

Please note as per our support page that we are an affilate of the HYATT branded properties and using our links helps keep this place a free resource for everyone.

What about any of the hotels previously mentioned above:

For just a bit more you could book a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $145/nite (there is no booking fee, so about $15 more than the HOTWIRE property above). The Eastgate Tower is also available for $151/nite and both of these get good reviews (the Beekman is a bit less centrally located to the subway... the Eastgate is a 4 block walk to Grand Central). The Affinia Manhattan also has a studio suite available for $151/nite, is right across the street from Penn Station, and is ranked 22 out of 329 NYC hotels (for what that is worth :) )

If none of the above, how high are you willing to bid on priceline for a 4 star?

I don't really like the Affinia Group of Hotels... Just a personal preference. The Beekman Tower is alright, but I wanted to see what the other options were. My goal is to beat my $179 price - if possible... If not, I'm perfectly happy with staying at the Hyatt - I love their hotels...

No, that wouldn't make sense because doesn't Priceline incorporate a "fee" into their taxes and fees quote? I'm assuming it would turn out to be a greater total... If you don't think I can beat the Hyatt quote - then I guess it's not worth it!! Thanks for all your advice so far :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]