Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Airport EWR) Hilton Newark Airport

BoredTraveler
By BoredTraveler,
in

The dates are 1/12/07-1/14/07. So far I've offered up to $70 for the 4-star room, with no success. Not sure how much more I'm willing to pay. I would also take the 3* Westminster. I recently stayed in the area at a Priceline 2* hotel, Homestead Hanover, for $50/night for three nights. I'd rather be at a nicer place this time, though, so I don't think I'll go below 3* or 2.5*. I would really like the Hilton Short Hills, though I think it is in a different zone. Its lowest online booking price is $159/night, which is a bit steep for me, even for the ideal hotel.

Hotwire is offering one 4-star hotel in Morristown - Parsippany for $91 per night with 4 stars. The amenities are:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

The above is a match for the Hyatt Morristown so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchase you make.

As far as the rest of your post, i'm not too sure exactly what it is you need or are looking for, so can't offer much advice as to what would be best for your stay. Would the Jersey City Hyatt work well for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think the Morristown Hyatt is in priceline's East Hanover - Livingston zone, as it looks to be a bit further west beyond the area on the priceline map. That probably is the hotel on hotwire, though. In terms of priceline, t's actually a fairly small zone, which is why I am surprised there is a 4* hotel in it that I am not aware of.

I'm actually trying to stay fairly close to Livingston, as I need to take taxis to and from Livingston - so the further I am, the more the whole trip costs. The closest hotels to where I need to be are the Westminster, the Hilton Short Hills, and the Turtle Brook Inn.

Which is why i think you may want to re-consider BOOKING DIRECT... you could get a hotel less convenient and end up paying a similar amount (or more) by using taxis.

The only other advise i can offer is if the place(s) you need to be are near the train station... then you could stay in Jersey City and easily get to either Hoboken or Newark to get a train to your destination (or a short cab ride to your destination).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did a bunch of bidding up to $80 for 4* Livingston - East Hanover and for 3* Summit - Short Hills. No dice. In the end, I just went with the 3* EWR Hilton. Bid $50/night, rejected. Accepted for $55/night on re-bid. Two nights, 1/12-1/14. I re-arranged my itinerary so I just take one cab from Livingston to EWR, and then I can take public transit from EWR on to NYC, which is my next stop anyway.

Thanks for all of the help and advice. I'm still curious about what hotel they were offering in the 4* range in the Livingston - East Hanover area, but I'm unwilling to bid ovver $100/night to find out. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]