Priceline Hotel: Venetian for August

smart74
By smart74,
in

Hi

I am new and have just registered. Looking at going to Las Vegas and would like to stay at Venetian in late August to early september (5 or 6 nights) can i still get a priceline deal ?

would i have to bid more for this time of year. their advertised rate is $349 ! do you think i would get it for $130 ?

anyone done a bid this far in advance and won ?

if i bid and it is rejected i have to wait 3 days is that right.

Look forward to any advice

thanks

Rates can vary depending on your dates of travel, can you please post these? You may now rebid in 24 hours. Would you be willing to split your bid? This would require moving once or twice. What is your maximum budget per day? If you are unable to get the Venetian for your dates, what is your fallback plan?

Hi

My dates are 8/29 check in and 9/3 checkout so 5 nights

when you say split bid do you mean say put one bid in for wed thur & fri and another for sat and sun I know that weekends are usually more expensive but the daily rate seems to be the same at $349

if i won 2 bids would i need to change rooms is that what you mean or change hotels not sure what you mean.

daily budget ideally would be $200 max - have been looking at the Mirage and there are good rates can stay there for my dates for around $850 inc tax have you been to the mirage ? also looking at Mandalay Bay but don't want to offer on a 4* hotel as 4* quality varies.

With rates at the Venetian of $350 you won't be successful at $130 (and not likely at $200 or less either).

Splitting is expalined in this SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID thread. You can be successful within your budget for at least some nites of your stay if you'd choose to split... but you then almost definately need to change hotels during your stay. (although the Mirage is directly across the street... so not too big of a 'move'.

I have stayed at the Mirage quite a few years ago and had a great stay. It was also my first trip to Vegas so the place holds a fond memory for me, and the pool area is great.

I think you're next step is to decide whether you're willing to split your bid, as that will either open up numerous possibilities and/or limit your choices... once we know that we'll be able to advise accordingly.

Also try using our Las Vegas Rate Checker if you haven't seen that already. If you do book the Mirage direct (or any of the other MGM MIRAGE branded properties, please use the links in our support page to begin your purchase).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

I am not interested in splitting on this trip.

did the Venetian have any special offers later in the year for around my dates last year ?

if i want to bid should i bid separately for tues, wed, thurs and then put new bid in for fri & sat

what bid would you advise ?

thanks

did the Venetian have any special offers later in the year for around my dates last year ?
Not sure, but even if they did, it would not be relevant to this year.
if i want to bid should i bid separately for tues, wed, thurs and then put new bid in for fri & sat
No, if you're not willing to split your stay you shouldn't split your bid... you could possibly get different hotels. As well, what if you are successful for the first nites that you bid and then there is no priceline/HOTWIRE availability for the other nites of your stay and hotel direct rates are $500? What would you do then?

I forgot to mention above...

the daily rate seems to be the same at $349
If you search the Venetian website for each nite of your stay one day at a time, you will see the BIG price difference between different nites of your stay (which is when SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID becomes a viable option... but you need to be willing to change hotels during your stay if you are going to split). When you search for multiple nites, the Venetian figures out the average nightly rate and shows that rate for each nite or your stay, rather than the actual rate per nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Venetian has typically been seen with more amenities than just the above; it is possible that the one missing amenity has been removed, but i'm more inclined to think that this is a different property. Both The Wynn and the Bellagio are located in this zone and can be considered 5 star Las Vegas properties, so i would think this is likely one of those (although neither has yet been reported in the board).

If you do book it let us know what it is and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

is there any limit on the amount of bids
See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained explain (as you'll need to know about re-bidding in order to bid anyway).
what bid do you think would win realistically.
I have a guestimate, but what's more important is how high you're willing to go for a 5* hotel. (NOTE: you can receive a 5* hotel on the strip other than the Venetian... you're not bidding for that specific property). If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy to follow.

• 2 months later...

Hi again

I would like to bid 5* for 8/29 - 9/4 for Venetian i know it is not guaranteed.

i wont split bid or change hotels what bid do you think i should offer ? I need a strategy now.

i dont want to spend more than $200 per night.

i can get this hotel for 800 pounds or $1560 all in elsewhere so want to make a reasonable saving.

thanks

With rates at the Venetian at $300+ per nite, i'm doubtful your limit will be enough. To try...

You have 7 re-bid zones available when bidding 5* in Las Vegas. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 5* Strip and re-bid zone7...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi

i used priceline.com with CA & 99999 as Zip code

I bid upto $195 all offers refused so will wait 24 hours and rebid there were no counteroffers. how close do you need to be to get a counteroffer ?

I used the SavingsBarn.com link to enter priceline.com

thanks for the advice

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]