Hotwire Hotel: Palm Springs area

GeoL
By GeoL,
in

Hi,

I am looking for lodging, preferably 4*, in the Palm Springs area from April 4 to 10, 2007. A 4* condo came up on Hotwire for $119 per night in Rancho Mirage/Cathedral City area. It has one bedroom.

Does anyone know anything about this property and a more exact location? Also, what are these types of condos usually like? Apartment style? Garden style?

Thank you, Geo

Sounds to me like the Westin Mission Hills Villas. I have not stayed at the Villas but did stay at the Resort which is adjacent to the Villas. As far as location, it is not within walking distance to any shopping or nighlife activities but is an easy five minute drive away. The location is perfect for those that golf/tennis and the Westin seems to have alot of activities for the kids especially the pool. We enjoyed it for a weekend but actually prefer being within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Very nice place to stay. If the price is right, I would not hesitate to stay again. Refer to reviews for other opinions, photos and location.

Thank you for your post.

I think you are right in that it is the Mission Hills Villas. Looks nice, reviews are good but no tennis or golf for me. I too think I'd rather be closer to downtown Palm Springs so I'll keep looking. I've looked into the Hyatt and the Hilton on their websites and may be able to book rooms there for under $200 a night. Very steep! I'm used to getting bargains in Palm Springs but don't think it will happen over Easter weekend.

I have stayed at the Riviera through Priceline but overall was not happy with it. After requesting a nonsmoking room I was put into a smelly smoking room and overall I found the place to be dated and inhospitable.

Geo

Sorry, should have done a better job explaining why I thought it was the Westin Mission Hills Villas. I happened to look up the specific dates and the only one bedroom property for $119 indicated the following amenities:

1-bedroom, Free Parking , Air Conditioning, Children's Activity, Pool, 24 hr front desk, high speed internet, tennis nearby, boutique, fully equipped kitchen, daily housekeeping, in room laundry, fitness center, restaurants, laudry facilities, golf hearby, spa services, kitchenette.

These amenities are consistent with what others have shown to be the Westin Mission Hills Villas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]