Priceline Hotel: 3* or 4* at Huston IAH for 1/24-1/25

dave pass
By dave pass,
in

Greetings,

I'm hoping to get a nicer hotel at the airport (George Bush) for the night of 1/24/2007 for under $100. If it has to be a 3* or below, I'd like to keep the price around $50-$60.

I'm not sure what people typically are able to get through priceline this time of year so if my expectations are way off (too high or too low), please let me know.

Anyway, any bidding assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know if most of the hotels at the airport offer free shuttle service? And if not how much I might expect to pay for a shuttle or cab?

Thanks,

-dave

We have not seen any winning 4* bids in this zone (maybe one of the 3* properties has been upgraded?), but 3* properties are usually very cheap. I wouldn't want to see you bid near $100 for a 4* hotel when a 3* may have been able to be had for nearly half the price... unless of course that price difference is worth it to you.

How much more is a 4* worth to you than a 3*? We'll then be able to suggest a strategy while considering your lower star rating options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your price should do it, perhaps way more than do it, it the availability is there, but IAH has become a much tougher bid in the last year or so (especially midweek). While winning bids have not skyrocketed, availability has tanked. On Hotwire that night is already high, so it may be a tough one.

Well, I started at $40 for a 3 or 4*. I was rejected and used the rebid zones to bid $45, $50, $55, $60, $70 and $80. Rejected for all those as well.

I'll try again in a few weeks with higher bids but it looks like the Country Inn and the Holiday express are both around $99+tax. Are these Priceline 3*?

They have never participated in the past in that zone. Country Suites in Humble has as a 2.5*.

Availability is your issue, and for this far out conventional availability at IAH does not look encouraging for a Priceline bid (I'm looking too). If Priceline works on a 3* it will be something leftover dropped out there much closer to date. Just the way IAH zone works now.

You have bid well past what bidding history says it should take if there is something there. You've hit a price range where you might as well consider a conventional stay at a lower star hotel just to get the full points and stay credit.

You do not say if you have transportation or where you need to do business. Do you have any option about which airport you fly out of? The Marriott at Hobby is on Priceline conventional list for $99.

It sure is looking that way....

I am flying into IAH on a return trip from the Caribbean - I get in at 7pm and then take my final leg home to Denver at 7am the following day.

I suppose a 2.5* would be sufficient - do you think I can land one of those for under $50?

Dropping into the 2* range sounds sketchy to me. Any oppinions?

The Holiday Inn Express has a cancellable rate of $109/nite. Why not reserve that (using the previously link, please) and then continue to try Priceline (and HOTWIRE) as your date continues to get closer. As you approach a week or two from your check-in date you can then resort to lowering your star rating.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]