Check-Out Date: Sat, Dec 23, 2006

Your Offer Price: $39.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $117.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$27.62

Total Charges*: $144.62

I stayed here via priceline July 1-july 6. I also payed $39. Initially I thought I had a great deal but after actually staying there it was no bargain. For starters the bed is an absolute joke- loud, uncortable, just terrible in every way. The walls are thin. The hardwood floors are pretty cool but they could use a good mopping. They also have a $4.95 per day resort fee that is mandatory.

I would'nt say you got ripped off but its no bargain. I hope your stay turns out better than mine. One thing you do have going for you is youre going to New Orleans so all you have to do is get full and get drunk. I do envy you- I wish I was going to New Orleans.

I stayed there this weekend. Agree with previous statements, but the $4.95 fee gives you unlimited long distance calls for all of North America. We didn't make enough calls to justify the cost, but when we checked out we saw that they forgot to add it to the bill :).

Yes, the walls are thin, and I now know WAY too much about the honeymooners in the room above us (though they were certainly impressive!).

Valet parking is $20 per day. We looked around the immediate area and couldn't find any cheaper parking, so that was a good deal I guess.

No breakfast is inlcuded, but there's a restaurant called Mothers on Poydras St., less than a block away. It's a New Orleans institution. Across from the hotel is the Piazza d'Italia, which is interesting. Short walk to the Quarter.

Certainly worth the money you got it for, but not worth their full price.

Last time we made this trip we got the Country Inn and Suites, about two blocks from the Ambassador. It was a much nicer place, and included breakfast. I don't inderstand how the Ambassador rates three stars, and Country Inn and Suites only gets 2.5. The latter had a pool, breakfast, an exercise room, and much nicer facilities.

Jeff F. In LouisianaWe welcome your past and future wins to be posted to the board... and some of your follow-up comments may be better served in the Hotel Review forum where they'll be linked to the corresponding hotel in the hotel list... thus helping more users by giving 'permanence' to your comments, rather than buried in this post which will eventually make its way off the front page of the Louisiana forum. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am now staying here, totally agree with the above. But they did not mention the $4.95 fee, though I did see the plate on the counter showing that. I would definitely refuse to pay that if they did put it on my bill. Last time I was in Orlando, Best western tried to charge me the so called resort fee and I just told them I would not pay it. I would say, if I had a chance to read the above reviews, I would try my best to cancel the reservation. I got good reason because it was snowing in Albuquerque and I live there. Fortunately or unfortunately I escaped from ABQ just the day before the big snow. :)

And I got big rain here in New Orleans. Sigh... :o

Also I have to pay $20 per day for parking. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]