Priceline Hotel: Acapulco Help

goodricb
By goodricb,
in

I am looking for a 2 rooms on a 3 night stay either Jan 12 - 15 or Jan 14 - 17. Priceline currently lists 1*-4* hotels, no Resorts. Any ideas what the 4* hotel(s) might be and what they might go for? I am most interested in the 4* hotels but am certainly willing to consider the 3* hotels also if the price drop was worth it.

Since there arent any re-bids for this area and I have some time, I am willing to bid a few times over the next couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on a bidding strategy would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Priceline's "retail" product list the Las Brisas as a 4*, while the Hyatt, Crowne Plaza, Fiesta Inn, Best Western, and Park Royal are listed as 3*. Not all hotels that participate with the 'retail' product also participate with the "opaque" product, so there are likely others, but the previous list should give you an idea of what type of properties to expect (and the range).

Rates don't seem that high for either of the above dates; are you still undecided on the dates or is either acceptable? What is your maximum nightly budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After some consideration I think I would prefer Jan 12 - 15 over Jan 14 - 17 but am still flexible. We will be staying at the Fairmont Princess (using free vouchers) the other two nights and would rather have those at the end of our trip. I was thinking before that the weekend rates would likely be slightly higher for priceline over the weekend - correct?

For a 3* hotel I would expect to get something in the $60/night range and would not prefer to exceed $80.

the lowest rate I could find at the hyatt was $103/night.

for a 4* hotel I would expect to get something in the $80-90/night range and would prefer not to exceed $110/night

most of the 4* hotels on Orbitz are in the 150 range.

Thanks

I would start your first bid for a 4* at $75 and then increase that bid by $5 every 24 hours. This will take you up to your maximum bid in a week. If you're still rejected at that point you can then decide if you want to bid higher or lower your star quality (and bids) to a 3*.

As a reference point, HOTWIRE has a 4* (presumed to be Las Brisas) for $129/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried $70, $75, and $80 for the 4*, for 2 nights Jan 12- Jan 14 all of which were rejected.

I will keep plugging away though.

I intitially I thought I had 2 free nights at another property but now I have 3 free nights, hence the shortened stay on the priceline hotel.

How do you come up with the starting pricing trategies exactly? Especially for an area like this that doesnt have any past bids at the 4* level and only a couple bids at the 3* level?

Thanks for the assistance.

This one doesn't seem to match up with anything on the posted lists. Any guesses on what it might be?

Jan 12 - Jan 14. 1 room with 4 adults, listed at $204/night + taxes and fees. Note that the site won't let me book two rooms with 7 adults though. Thoughts?

3* Acapulco

All Inclusive

Resort

Beachfront

Food and Beverage Included

Premium Beverage Included

A La Carte Dining

Daily Activities Included

Pools

Childrens Activity Programs

Restaurant(s)

I was bidding on pricline for 4* hotels until I noticed that the Las Brisas Rooms have a Max Occupancy of 3 people with rooms with 2 twin beds and likely an additional rollaway bed addition. We will have 3 people in one room and 4 in the other so I am going to discontinue my bids at the 4* level.

Any suggestions on a 3* bigging strategy for Jan 12-14 for 2 rooms?

I know you advise people not to chance it, but I have had good luck/finesse in the past getting two double beds (even in NYC). Thoughts about the odds of getting two double beds in Acapulco at a 3* hotel with these huge hotels?

Huge is a relative term obviously. 225 (Park Royal), 250 (Fiesta Inn), 250 (Best Western) to 500 (Crown Plaza) to 600 rooms (Hyatt)

All posts for the same stay go in the same thread... if another service is ultimatley used we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Best guess on the above property is the Avalon Excalibur Acapulco (All Inclusive); however, if you're not willing to stay at two different hotels than the HOTWIRE property will be tough to book.

Since it does not show when selecting the correct number of rooms and occupancy you need, you could book one room for quad occupancy and then it may not be offered when you try to book the second room. It may be, but at least be aware of the risk going into it. As well, with all inclusive properties you need to declare the correct number of guests in the room.

If you do choose to book the above and make separate purchases, please use this HOTWIRE link for each purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]