Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Indianapolis (Airport IND) Ramada

joby
By joby,
in

Hi, I am looking for help on an Indianpolis airport hotel.

We need a free shuttle and would like free breakfast the date would be Sunday, January 21, 2007. Where do I find the info that will help me bid?I really have looked around on this site, but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

I would like the least expensive 2.5 star or above hotel (I think). I do not want to spend more than around $40 + fees/taxes.

The board offers tips on a case-by-case basis because, with the way that HOTWIRE and Priceline work (as well as hotel pricing in general), what may work for someone on one particular day/set of days very well may not work for someone else on different days.

If you do need specific amenities (free breakfast, etc), then Priceline is not recommended, as there is no guarantee as to which hotel you may get when you make a bid. HOTWIRE, which does list amenities, would be a better choice.

For 1/21, if you look for Indianapolis on HOTWIRE, there is a 2.5* Hotel in the Indianapolis Airport zone for $32 (the price you see may be slightly different.) The listing has the amenities: free breakfast/shuttle/fitness.

The hotel has not been reported by any users yet, so exactly which hotel it is remains unknown. Keep in mind that, like Priceline, HOTWIRE reservations are not refundable or changable.

Still, this listing does fit in your budget and offer the amenities that you're looking for.

If you do decide to purchase this reservation on HOTWIRE, please report back on which hotel it turns out to be, as we can then add it to the hotel list for that area, which will help other users.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

OK, I've looked at the hotwire site. It lists a 2* at $40 and a 2.5* at only $32. Why the difference?

It also lists a 3* at $51. Is it worth the extra money to go for the 3*?

Could anyone give some guidence or hints on the selection of the above hotels?

We just don't want to get stuck at a dirty hotel with no shuttle. The breakfast would just be a bonus. We really want a free shuttle.

Any suggestions now? Thanks.

Some hotels offer cheaper discount rates than others. 4* hotels in downtown Chicago also sometimes offer cheaper rates than the 3* hotels in downtown Chicago. It just varies/depends on the hotel.

The 2.5* and 3* (at least that I'm seeing) note Shuttle as an amenity, so they do offer one. Neither have been reported yet by users. While definitely not guaranteed, looking at Orbitz to get an idea of what hotels in the area, the 2.5* could be something along the lines of one of the 2 La Quintas, a Knight's Inn, a Days Inn, a Fairfield, a Sleep Inn or others. The 3* could be the Holiday Inn, a Quality Inn, Country Inn, Comfort Suites or another hotel. Unfortunately, there's definitely no way of telling for sure.

The La Quinta's in the area do get some pretty mixed reviews, but the other hotels that could potentially fall under the 2.5* - from what I've looked up on tripadvisor - generally look fine (some even seem pretty nice.)

Most of the 3* hotels seem - from what I've looked up - to get pretty good reviews on tripadvisor, although the Adams Mark does get some very mixed - either completely negative or positive - reviews.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance; hopefully another Indy resident or frequent visitor can pop in to talk about some of the hotels by the airport.

This is the question everyone that uses Hotwire or Priceline asks: why take a chance on an opaque booking through Hotwire when I can book it directly through the hotel's website. If I can save about 50% or so, its worth it to me, I use the savings to justify a better dinner and not skimp in other areas. What are comparable 2.5* and 3* rates that you have found and the names of the properties?

Just checking Sidestep I have found:

Radisson 3* $109 + tax

Courtyard 3 $159

La Quinta 3 $73

Adams Mark 3 $139

Ramada 2 $94

Wingate 3 $84

Country Inn & Suites 3 $89

I'm just not quite sure what to do. we are on a tight budget, but we have to have clean decent lodging and a free airport shuttle. as I mentioned previously, a free breakfast would be an added bonus!

Thanks for helping, please continue.

This is still available on Hotwire as indicated by AaronJB:

For 1/21, if you look for Indianapolis on HOTWIRE, there is a 2.5* Hotel in the Indianapolis Airport zone for $32 (the price you see may be slightly different.) The listing has the amenities: free breakfast/shuttle/fitness.

This property has not been identified, but it has the shuttle (which is likely free, but there could be a charge) and a free breakfast...all for $32. Who knows, this could be the LaQuinta or something else, but only you can decide whether the risk of saving 50% or more is worth not knowing the ID of the hotel until after you've made the purchase.

Then again, you mention "we" in your post, so if the other half of "we" is not inclined to take risks, then by all means, just buy the room directly, and if possible, use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding above.

Well, we took a chance and bid on Hotwire.

We got the:

Ramada Airport Indianapolis

5601 Fortune Circle West

Indianapolis, Indiana46241

(317) 244-1221

It was a 2.5* /Indianapolis airport/ $32 ($43.85 inc. tax/fees)

I think we're pretty happy. It lists airport shuttle and breakfast. It has good reviews. It lists at $89 + tax for 3 people.

I'm a little concerned that not every website that lists the Ramada says it has an airport shuttle. I'm going to call the hotel directly and double check.

Thanks for the help!

Hotwire's very "Deal...or no Deal?"...only without Howie Mandel hosting, no cases, no models and hotels instead of money.

That said, you took the deal and I think you got a good deal in this case. The Ramada definitely looks better than the La Quintas.

The hotel gets some very good reviews on Tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...is_Indiana.html

Thank you so much for reporting your win, which I can add to the list.

Hope your stay goes well and that the shuttle works out. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]