CA San Francisco Prescott Hotel

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

Spent one night at the Prescott Hotel on October 31st, rated as a 4* byHotwire. $79 plus taxes and fees.

The lobby is not as opulent looking as on the website, but is cozy (a.k.a. small and unassuming). I had faxed ahead to the concierge for some assistance, as we were celebrating a special ocassion. The service was flawless in this regard, we felt 'expected' and chocolates were sent up to the room by the management. Very nice. Their service is top-notch.

The rooms were a little worn looking, dark wood and fabrics looking like they had seen better days, but everything was clean. However, there's a musty Grandma's house smell to the room which I suppose is because this is an older hotel which the walls and ceiling really show. The rooms are small, but that's to be expected in San Fran. What I do like about this hotel, as with other Kimpton properties I've stayed in is the complimentary newspaper, wine reception and Aveda products are all standard. The location is excellent for walking to all the shops and restaurants of Union Square.

A Hotwire rate made me 'okay' with this choice, but if I were paying rack rates I'd choose to stay elsewhere. San Fran is a great hotel city and I think this property may have been 'it' in the early 90's because of it's association with Postrio -- but they're due for another reno in my opinion.

• 4 months later...

I stayed here with Hotwire Jan 12-17, 2004 ($89 per night). I felt the location was great and what made this hotel really great was the concierge service. One, Rika, was especially wonderful and she gave us excellent restaurant choices (and got difficult reservations). The complementary wine happy hour was also good. Internet is free. The restaurant attached is supposed quite good (did not try). The chain has many good properties. Hotel Monaco a few blocks away I think is newer if you are looking for less worn rooms. I also stayed in Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge (Hotwire May 25, 2003 - $90 per night) and it was brand new with similar service.

All in all, I would definitely stay in other Klimpton properties.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]