Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

djohannw
By djohannw,
in

Great deal for a place right across from Manhattan, IMHO. The Ferry to Manhattan departs right next from the hotel, and the Path Subway Exchange Place station is also next door. Both downtown and Uptown Manhattan are less than 30 minutes away.

Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson

Jersey City

2 Exchange Place

Jersey City, New Jersey 07302

201-469-1234

Check-In Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price:

Indeed, the hotel gets excellent reviews (albeit for expensive parking).

Just an FYI for anyone following along... i don't think the ferry runs on Saturday and Sundy from thsi location (you'll have to get to the ferry terminal near Newport). PATH runs 24/7, 4 minutes and direct to downtown, 20 minutes and a connection to mid-town.

Link to Ferry: NY Waterway

Link to PATH: System Map

(from the above link you can link to timetables and other info)

Don't forget also the LightRail which (in addition to the PATH) can take you to lovely nearby Hoboken :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the corrections and the links...when I go to downtown I planned on using the PATH train anyway.

btw: My main destination this time is New Jersey (the factory outlets there), so I decided against a place in Manhattan as I have to have a car to get there, and 15$/day is certainly cheaper than what you pay in Manhattan.

The "trick" to get this parking-rate (self-parking) is to get a sticker from the front-desk for the Hertz-garage.

Greetings - Dirk

Are you heading to the New Jersey Mall off of the NJ Turnpike (i think it's called NJ Gardens) or the Secaucus outlets?

Also worth a trip is Woodbury Commons which is just over the NJ/Upstate NY border (maybe about 40 miles from Jersey City). If you decide to go there i'll give you the name of the best pizza place in NJ that you can stop at on your way there or on the way home. Also, if you'll mostly be staying on the NJ side of the Hudson River, Hoboken is worth a 'nite out on the town' as a cheap(er) alternative to dinner and nightlife in NYC.

Let me know is you'd like add'l info on any of the above.

... and i was correctly you as you didn't say anything that was wrong, i was only adding additional info! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will do both the Jersey Gardens as well as the Outlets in Secaucus, plus the Woodbury Commons and the one in Riverhead (Long Island). So yes, I certainly would appreciate the adress of the Pizza-place you mentioned...;-)!

As to Hoboken...I have never considered that for dining so far, but if you have suggestions, I gladly take those too.

You got my eMail, don't you?

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]