Priceline Hotel: Vegas 6/22/07-6/27/07

gbbound
By gbbound,
in

All,

I was looking for a hotel on priceline for Las Vegas June 22-June27, 2007 (yes, I know...very early). Without even bidding, they had a listing on the strip for $60. I checked the link and it was Caesar's Palace. The nightly prices were $20 on Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, with Sunday night being $220. Needless to say, I jumped on it quickly, and reserved two rooms.

My question is, is this reservation likely to stand? I can't believe that a reservation for $20 a night at Caesar's is likely to stick around. Will I be getting an e-mail cancelling the reservation anytime in the near future, or did I get very lucky?

NICE Deal!

There was recently an instance with an incorrect price loaded for the La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs and priceline honored the first reservation each user made but cancelled subsequent reservations (some people made 10+ reservations for themselves).

You may get an email cancelling... but my guess is that this reservation will stand as is. Looks like you won even before heading to Vegas!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I'm new to this board, used priceline before, but just came across this board now. I've never been to Vegas so just doing some research into hotels, prices, etc. Looking to go March 1-4/07. That Caear's Palace rate comes up, but says "We currently do not have availability and pricing information for this property. Please wait a few minutes and click here to try again."

I have never seen rates so low, does this happen often for Vegas? I know March is still aways off, but is there a chance of rates like this coming up again soon?

Thanks!! :)

I hope they accept your booking.

We are one of the few lucky ones too.

Got 2 rooms for 2 nights in june next year. All for just under $ 100 including tax. :) :)

I booked early because of the time difference (we're from Europe)

And the rates were removed shorty after that.

I understand that when you book at a site like Priceline the hotel desk can't see the actual rate you booked the room for.

They only see your bookings number.

Good luck and let us now what happened.

Bert

Zeewolde

The Netherlands

They gave some answer as to how it was entered in error, and will be issuing a refund.

My issue now involves the fact that they charged my credit card for the transaction. I checked my America PRICELINE EXPRESS statement every day to see if I was billed for the room. Although I reserved the room on Monday, I was not billed until Wednesday afternoon. Given that they had nearly 36 hours to reverse the transaction, then billed me, they had time and consideration to cancel the reservation. However, given the delay, and the fact that they then charged my credit card, I should expect them to honor my agreement.

If I go to Circuit City and they charge me $50 for a $150 iPod Nano and I pay for it, and they take my money, they can't come to my house and take it back.

Dear ("Photomikey"),

This note is regarding your hotel reservation (confirmation number xxxxx...) for Caesars

Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.

When you use priceline.com to search for hotels, we search a private database of inventories and

prices provided by our partner hotels to determine which hotels and what room rates should be

displayed.

Recently, Caesars Palace loaded an incorrect rate into that database. As the rate was loaded in

error, Caesars Palace is unable to honor your reservation. Your reservation has been cancelled and

refunded in full.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact Caesars Palace

directly at 800-382-1923, between the hours of 9am - 5pm PST, or via e-mail at

[email protected]

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Priceline.com Customer Service

My angle, when I call customer service tomorrow, is going to be this:

If I booked a room for the wrong dates (my version of "loaded an incorrect rate into the database"), you would charge me a $25 cancellation per room. I feel I'm owed some compensation, just as your company would feel they were owed some compensation for my error.

I doubt this will get me anywhere. I'm going to try anyhow.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has called, and if they've offered you anything.

-Photomikey

I wrote and received the following response. I found their attempts at rectifying the situation somewhat laughable and insulting, particularly their "discount" for the Flamingo, where not only is the offer shorter than the time period in which I am staying (June 22-27), but for June 24 and 25, I can find a cheaper offer on their own web site.:

"Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have

caused you. Unfortunately, Caesars Palace is unable to honor your

reservation for the $20.00 rate, however, we are happy to offer you

accommodations at Caesars Palace or the Flamingo Las Vegas at a discount

off of our current selling rate. Please see below for the current and

discounted rates we can offer for your stay. If you would like to book

one of these offers, please call our Contact Center at 800-382-1923

between the hours of 9am and 5pm PST or simply reply back to this email

accepting one of the offers below.

Again, we do understand your frustration and apologize for this mishap.

Kind regards,

Caesars Palace Management Team

Date(s) 6/22-27

Caesars Palace: We are currently selling at $240, $260 & $200 6/24-26,

we can offer you the rate(s) of $204, $221 & $170 6/24-26 with a free

upgrade to the Palace Tower.

Flamingo: We are currently selling at $180, $190 & 120 6/24-26, we can

offer you the rate(s) of $162, $171 & $108 6/24 - 26."

Same here, mine was cancelled too :)

Anyone an idea what to do about it.

I'm from Europe and not familiar with the ways you handle this in the US.

I suppose at least a small cancellation fee on there site is the least they can do.

No Caesars Palace for us anyway :)

Bert

Zeewolde

The Netherlands

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]