Priceline Hotel: Vegas Hotel Help, Dec 8 - Dec 12

photomikey
By photomikey,
in

Hi,

I'll be celebrating the big 3-0 on December the 7th, and I'm inviting a few people to Vegas over that next weekend. I was considering arriving on the 8th, but we probably won't get there until late that night, and it's (hotel-wise) the most expensive night of the trip.

So we'll probably arrive (mostly by car) on the morning (noonish) of Saturday the 9th. We'll be staying the 9th, 10th, and 11th, and leaving (probably) on the 12th. I'd guess a toal of 3-5 rooms.

I've stayed (when budget accomidates) at the Venetian (via Priceline, of course), and stayed once at NYNY (via PL also). While I like the luxury of Venetian, I'm not sure everyone on this trip will be able to afford it, even at PL rates.

I was thinking perhaps Imperial Palace (Sat 104 / Sun 57 / Mon 57). I've never stayed there, but the reviews are middle of the road for a low-priced hotel and the "Deluxe" rooms are recently renovated. Also, Venetian lists $329/169/199 (or, via hotwire, 287/169/171), and while the first night will probably go over my budget, Sun and Mon night could probably be pricelined at a reasonable rate. Also, Venetian is a quick walk from IP, for my cheapskate friends.

Other options:

NYNY 149/69/69

Rio 210/110/110

Harrah's (Best Guess) $83/night via Hotwire

Any suggestions from those of you who have been to LV far more often than I? Should I risk bidding PL for this stay at a 4* level?

Splitting my bid is an option, if it somes to that.

Thanks!

when bidding at the 4* level, there is a chance that you could get the Westin which is not directly on the strip, but in the PL strip zone. Easy Click Travel has the Aladdin for an average of $81 from the 9th to the 12th and is shown as an "off the record property". This would allow all to stay in the same hotel and the reservation may be cancelled as follows: Hotel cancellations or changes made 2 day/s prior to check in time, will be subject to 1 night/s fee No-show is subjected to 1 night/s fee

The Aladdin seems like a pretty good deal, but for further ideas i think you'll need to firm up your plans a bit more... exactly how many rooms you'll need (could be problematic if using priceline or HOTWIRE for more than 4 rooms), how many of your friends would like to stay 'budget' vs. 'luxury', if you really want your friends to be staying in separate hotels, etc.

What about everyone staying 'budget' for Saturday nite and then moving to a nicer hotel for the mid-week nites?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

not sure why there is a disparity in rates except that the hotel has lots of rooms to fill each night and will have to go through various forms of distribution to sell them. By using Easy Click Travel to book the Aladdin, you have a cancellable backup and can continue to bid for a 5* on Priceline and you should be able to do better than $145 during the week. You will need to weigh the benefits of all staying at one property that is cancellable, lower cost and does not require changing hotels vs. staying at the Venetian and possibly splitting up your party. Good Luck!

Thanks to GBBound, I found that Caesars is $20 (via the priceline hotel booking service, NOT the name your own price service) per night. This seems to hold true for short stays (7 days kicked it back to regular prices), and excludes Sunday nights (which are regular prices).

I booked 4 rooms for 3 nights, a Thurs-Fri-Sat stay. $20.48/night. I booked through SavingsBarn.com. Also, I use the betterbidding Amazon.com link for all my purchases.

I'm curious to know if this will stand or not. I followed the Palm Springs thread closely (though I wasn't involved) and I feel that this is a pretty flagrant error in pricing. I almost feel guilty taking it.

Not guilty enough to not book it, though.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $20.48

Number of Rooms: 4

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $245.76

Taxes & Fees: $40.56

Total Charges*: $286.32

Incidentally, I was referring (in my previous post) to the disparity between EasyClickTravel and Hotwire. The Saturday / Sunday / Monday difference I understand. I would have thought Hotwire (more opaque) would have been cheaper than EasyClickTravel (which, while keeping the hotel name secret, refers to the "Venezia Suite". Duh.)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]