Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Elizabeth) Courtyard Elizabeth

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I was unable to access the web until 10:00 tonight to make a same day reservation, I was just going to call a Newark area hotel directly to reserve a room, but that wouldn't be any fun! As always, accessed Priceline through savingsbarn.com and started my bid in Elizabeth at the 2.5* level at $48 and was rejected. There are no rebid zones at the 2.5* level in the Newark area so I rolled the dice a little..... Increased bid to $55, added Jersey City hoping that JC area hotels would not accept a low bid, but was rejected. Closed browser, re-accessed Priceline and bid $60 in Elizabeth and Clark zones, hoping that a hotel in the Clark zone would not accept this low offer, but was rejected. Added Jersey City and increased bid to $65...Success!

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.76

Total Charges $82.76

The rate on the Marriott website was $179 so I was pleased with the win. I was hoping for the Country Inn and Suites, but getting a Courtyard on a weekday for $65 is a good thing :) So instead of a free breakfast at the Country Inn, maybe I can run over to IKEA and get the $1.99 special. This is a newer property right next to the Country Inn, Residence Inn, Extended Stay America and Jersey Gardens Mall.... free parking, free WiFi and wired HS Internet.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]