CA San Diego Downtown Hilton Harbor Island

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

This was a $50 bid for 12/25/2003.

We arrived at the San Diego Airport around 11 PM. We called for the shuttle from the airport (there are convenient phones you can use to dial various hotels for free from a wall in the airport). It came right away. It's possible that someone else had called for the shuttle before me, because there were several other people who got on at the same time as us.

I had read there was an unpleasant clerk at this hotel who is even mentioned by name in some reviews. In fact, I think he is a manager, but he was perfectly pleasant to us and funny (pretty good for 11 PM on Christmas Day, I would say). Perhaps the problem comes (if there is one) when people insist on view rooms or something.

Our room:

* Two double beds, as assigned by Priceline. I called soon after the bid and found that was what we had, which was what I wanted.

* Pleasant room decor. My daughter, a devote

• 4 months later...

My wife and son stayed here for his gymnastics meet the first week of May ($41 anight).

they have the Parking lot roof view, but could still see the marina.

Rented a car the first day after scoping out the scene!! Talked to "Steve" the bellhop/Airport Limo driver etc.. real nice guy- got her a rental car lined up at pretty good rates (although she declined 'cuz I had hertz/avis through USAA)!

No sign of "Kevin".. My wife thinks he's not there anymore.

She loved being on the Harbor Island though... much nicer ambience than being downtown (they stayed at the Wynham Emerald Plaza two years ago).

Beautiful weather helped, but being on the bay with the sea breeze and beautiful view made the trip!!

I will note that parking in downtown was a pain.... she opted for hanging out at the mall (free parking @ 3 hours a whack) while my son was at the convention center in workout sessions.

- don't forget- $12 or $13 a day parking fee at the Hilton!!

They did room service a few times for breakfast- both approved of the selections mightily, about average cost for Hilton I guess ($10- $15 a person)

Overall- she liked the Hilton better than the Wyndham and especially the Island!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]