Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Newark-Airport EWR) Doubletree

petaling
By petaling,
in

Try EasyClickTravel (cancellable until 72 hours before your check-in date) or a Quickbook ("Book Now Pay Later") rate.

Of course there are always the hotel websites, the links for most are in our support page. You can also use our BetterChecker to search hotel direct rates.

Two hotels that come to mind near this location are the Eastgate Tower (available thru both EasyClickTravel and Quickbook) and the Grand Hyatt.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

used Savingsbarn.com from this site.

Bid 4 days unsuccessful NYC up to 130$ and Newark airport vicinity $50.Backup hotel obtained.Also Hotwire was offering $65 for a 3*,possibly the Hilton airport.

Then bid $75 Jersey City 3*

rejected.

Add zone 3* Elizabeth 76$ rejected.

Add Newark Airport 3* and 2.5* bid $ 55 accepted .I was hoping to get the 2.5* Country Inn and Suites across the Jersey Garden Mall with a better selection of restaurants around that area.

It seems that the Shula's Restarurant in the Doubletree is renowned for bad food.,according to the review here and elsewhere.

So i plan to take the Free shuttle to Jersey Garden and eat there ,do some shopping and return and pay $ 2 for the Jersey Garden courtesy to the airport and take the courtesy hotel shuttle from the a/p .

Any other suggestion for dinner around the Doubletree?????

Contratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board (and for using the priceline hotel links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase :) )

If you're not from the area, I'd recommend heading to the Ironbound section for some great Portuguese food... paella, steaks, and a varying assortment of fresh seafood. Posted in another thread by dahammer:

If you are a bit adventurous, call the Spanish Tavern in the Ironbound section of Newark, they have a van that will pick you up and take you back to the Hotel. Great Paella and seafood, go for the whole Red Snapper, if available, you won't be disappointed

Enjoy your stay... and good luck on the interview (assumed they were the same stay so i merged the threads).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I only ate at Shula's once, its a glorified sports bar with high prices and tough steaks.....I.was travelling with a colleague that didn't want to leave the hotel....maybe it was the driving rain storm that night.... :) Unfortunately there is nothing within walking distance, so when staying at the Doubletree without a car, call the Spanish Tavern for a pickup and enjoy an extra glass of Sangria...unless you have an interview the following day.... :) Great Lamb Chops too!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]