Priceline Hotel: New Orleans

metoll
By metoll,
in

What is the best way to secure either the Marriott (555 Canal St) or the Omni Royal Orleans for May 6-9? We just stayed at the Omni earlier this month and liked it very much. Unfortunately I didn't discover this web site until after I had over bid on Priceline ($75/night). The location was great and we want to make sure that we have a pool.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With Priceline you can't specify either of the above hotels and you're subject to any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you requested. If having a pool is a must, then perhaps Hotwire may be the better option since they show you the amenities beforehand. It may cost a little more than Priceline, but it also may be easier to match up the amenities and star rating to those in our Hotwire Hotel List in order to target the hotel you want.

Rates since very high for this period, is there a festival in town that you know of or perhaps low-priced inventory just hasn't been released yet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, there very well likely are other 4* properties in the FQ besides the Omni Royal (the Marriott is a known other one and there are likely others not yet reported). I also don't think that a pool is a common amenity to hotels in the FQ.... so even if there is one 4* hotel in the FQ w/o a pool there is a chance you could get it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This year, the final weekend of Jazzfest ends Sunday, May 3, so the rates for 5/6-09 shouldn't be too bad.

And here's something to try. Searching for 5/06-09 on Hotwire, the selections and prices aren't too good, I'd guess because it's so far out. But search instead for 5/06-10, and you get lots more hotels to choose from; and some of the same hotels are actually cheaper for 4 nights than they would be for 3. And you get the benefit of a late checkout. Just leave early and leave the keys in the room.

There's a 4* Customer Favorite in the downtown zone (restaurant, pool, fitness,business) that I've been watching for other dates. The comments under the favorite link change from time to time, but have included phrases like "right on Canal St" and "great view", which lead me be believe that it's very likely the Sheraton or the Doubletree, both of which are basically across the street from the Marriott, and both I which are pretty nice (I've stayed in both).

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]