PDX-NRT

warrens
By warrens,
in

I purchased a round-trip ticket to Japan for my wife thru Hotwire for Northwest Airlines. Whe has the opportunity to extend her stay for two extra weeks. the first time I called Northwest Airlines to see if I could change her departure date I was told it was possible, but it would cost an extra $200. I got the money but when I called back several days later to arrange the change I was told that the departure could not be changed because it was a Hotwire ticket. Has anyone had any success in changing a hotwire airline ticket? I am willing to pay the extra cost if this is possible. Any suggestions

Thank you

I would try calling back a few times and see if you can get a rep that might be willing to change it. Call on more then one shift if you have to. If it can be done you might get lucky and find the right rep thats willing to do it. Just keep in mind that its not going to happen for free if it does at all.

thereuare(administrator) recomended I post the details of the hotwire ticket on my thread. So, here they are. The original itinerary was PDX(Portland, Or) to NRT (Narita, Japan) leaving leaving on Sept 15 on Northwest Airline(Flight 5) and returing to PDX from NRT on Oct 14 on Northwest(Flight 6). My wife has been invited by the family she is staying with to extend her stay until Nov 11. At this time neither Northwest or Hotwire seem to be willing/able to change her ticket/reservation. I am more than willing to pay extra for this change, but am unable to get any cooperation from either company!

The ticket was round trip on Northwest. The total cost was about $980 if I remember correctly. It was a "blind" ticket (that was what the Hotwire agent called it) meaning I did not know what airline my wife was going to be on or exactly what time she would leave. I am only interested in arranging for her to stay until nov 11th instead of oct 14. Has anyone tried to sell a ticket they did not need or exchange a ticket with someone else, It does not look good so far in my conversations with Northwest or Hotwire

No-I called Northwest last week (sept 28) to try and get the ticket changed-at that time I was told the ticket could be changed for $200. After I got the money I called back on Oct 2 to arrange the change-but then I was told that because the ticket was arranged thru Hotwire the change was not possible-I am assuming the first time I called I was talking to a new rep. I have called both companies several times (Northwest/Hotwinre) and neither seem to willing to assist me

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]