Travel from Chicago to Sacramento

premieresba
By premieresba,
in

I would like to travel to Sacramento, CA from Chicago on 11/8 and return 11/12. The prices on the various airline sites are in the range of $335. Althought I have seen $250 on Southwest. I have bid on hotels but not for airlies. Any bidding advice would be greatly appreciated. You have been instrumental in my hotel bidding in the past.

Thanks in advance.

First question is to make sure you're comfortable with the terms of bidding for an airline ticket. Since this is only a 4 nite stay, can you accept a very late depature on the 8th and an early return on the 12th... essentially shortening your 4 day trip by 2 days?

Is the $250 fare available on Southwest for these dates? How much would you need to save to give up choosing your flight times?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good point, I was looking in the range of $200. I was also interested in traveling later on Wednesday, so that will not be a problem, but I would like to possibly leave later in the day on Sunday. Since this is my first time with bidding on airfare, I am not as educated on this type of bidding. Also the airlines where Southwest is located is quite a drive from my home.

...I would like to possibly leave later in the day on Sunday

You can't control your depature time when bidding on a airline tix. (as well you could get an early depature on the start of your trip... so you'll need your current schedule to be flexible to leave anytime in the am too). Besides the savings not being that great for the last few years, you see that you need to be very flexible, and often the trade-offs aren't worth the savings (if any).

Not sure if the above is a dealbreaker for you or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]