Priceline Hotel: How Soon is TOO Soon for Vegas ?

dfreeze
By dfreeze,
in

What a wonderful forum - so glad I found it!

My wife and I are making a trip out to Vegas / Grand Canyon / Sedona from Labor Day Weekend (May 26th, Saturday) through the following Saturday, June 2nd.

I'd like to stay somewhere on strip. Basically, I'm looking for a good value - not particularly price-sensitive.

Is there a 'sweet spot' (specific time period) for which I should wait before I begin investigating my options? So far, I've just been keeping an eye on Hotwire each day in case one of those crazy deals pops up.

I'd be booking a cancellable back-up and then continuously trying to beat it.

Given the last nite of your stay is a Friday (where prices often 2x-3x of midweek) is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know and we'll try to assist with a current back-up property. You'll also need to give us some idea of your price point and star quality.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Splitting my bid would be fine. We're already staying in 4 different resorts over 7 nights (Excalibur first night, then Grand Canyon for 2 nights, then Sedona, then Vegas again) so why not make it 5 ?!?!

I don't really care about stars or prices. I would rather get a good deal on a 5-star than a decent deal on a 4-star, even if the 5-star was more expensive. I guess what I'm trying to communicate is that I'd like to get a good VALUE for my money.

I definitely don't want anything under a 3-star, though. If I have to narrow it down further than that, I guess you can consider me '4 star and up only'.

Thanks again!

For the first two nites i would book Treasure Island for just $89/nite (alternately you could book NYNY for $99/nite)

(please use the links above for either)

For the last nite i would book the Flamingo directly thru their website for $120/nite... not the nicest hotel in Vegas, but a great mid-strip location and as of now a very good rate for this Friday nite.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

easyclicktravel is displaying an average rate for Aladdin ('off-book') as $125. For the first two nights, it's $84 a night. That makes the third night (Friday) about $207.

How does the Aladdin compare to TI and Flamingo? I've never stayed at a property on the strip, and it's been about 8 years since I've even BEEN to the strip.

Are EasyClickTravel's reservations fully refundable, including if I book it 'off-book'?

I didn't list the Aladdin above because the status is "on request" meaning that the rate may not be available... you have to book it and then they'll contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms as their contracted rate.

Given this stay is so far away and the staus is 'on request', i'd think that they may not have negotiated a contract for this time period first. If you can book the first two nites thru the Alladin it would be a good deal, but i would still book the Flamingo above for the last nite as that is a better value for the Friday nite.

Yes, EasyClickTravel reservations in Vegas are cancellable without penalty up until 3 days before check-in date.

Well, now that I've booked those nights as such:

Wed - NYNY

Thu - NYNY

Fri - Flamingo

The Bellagio is listing rooms at $179 a night. The only catch is that I also need to book for Tuesday night. Otherwise, it's $199 a night.

Is Bellagio worth $80 over NYNY for those 3 nights? ($99 for NYNY, $179 for Bellagio.) I'm still going to keep my Flamingo Friday night.

Not worth it for my money, although i'm sure there are some that would disagree. I'd spend an extra $30-$40... but not $80 and nearly double the cost of my room. If you decide it is worthwhile we are also affiliates of the Bellagio so please use our link (even just click it if you need to book using some other link first)... but i'd prefer to save the money.

Well, I went against your advice - although I certainly trust it. A good friend of mine broke it down like this - "staying at the Bellagio is a nice break from middle-class people". :)

So, I booked 3 nights at the Bellagio. Through your link of course! Thanks again for all of the assistance. I'll probably be posting in the coming weeks about what to do about the final night of my trip - a Friday, currently booked for $120 at Flamingo.

• 1 month later...

Okay. I'm back. Where we left off was that I had booked 3 nights at the Bellago for 179 a night, followed by the Flamingo for 120 a night.

Tue, May 29th - 179 @ Bellagio

Wed, May 30th - 179 @ Bellagio

Thu, May 31st - 179 @ Bellagio

Fri, Jun 1st - 120 @ Bellagio

I had previously looked at EasyClickTravel for an 'off book' rate for Alladin but it wasn't listed as available. Now it is. It's 84.91 for Tuesday, Wednesdsay, Thursday and 207.96 for Friday.

I'm tempted to cancel Bellagio and go with Alladin for $85 a night considering it's less than half as expensive. Is Bellagio REALLY worth the extra $95 per night, I wonder?

Dave

Not worth it for my money, although i'm sure there are some that would disagree. I'd spend an extra $30-$40... but not $80 and nearly double the cost of my room. If you decide it is worthwhile we are also affiliates of the Bellagio so please use our link (even just click it if you need to book using some other link first)... but i'd prefer to save the money.

you can always visit the Bellagio and use the $85 savings to have dinner

My thoughts haven't changed... i'd save the money to spend on something nice to do in Vegas (which for me is usually a nice dinner, but there are plenty of things to spend your money on in Vegas... check out ThingsToDo411 for other ideas)

Here is a direct link to the Aladdin which we request you use if you decide to go that route.

Keep us updated to your plans or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]