Hotwire Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (City Center East) Crowne Plaza

kapaa205
By kapaa205,
in

Booked this for my sister through your link. Had tried 3 star on priceline at the weekend up to $75 for 3 star and $50 for 2.5* Took a break for a few days and than this 3* showed up on Hotwire. As she had a party of three, I decided to book this for her.

Check in 9/23

Check out 9/25

Crowne Plaza

1800 Market Street

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Price per night $69.00

Taxes and fees $23.14

Total $161.14

Customer Favorite

Amenities were Fitness, Restaurant, Pool, Business and Laundry

May have been able to lower it with another bid on priceline but as she had 3 in her party, decided to play it safe.

Dhammer - I have given her all the details about the cheap parking as it looks like her hotel is not too far from the garages you listed in a previous post.

Congrualtions on your (sister's) success :)

Looks like a great rate for this property for these dates!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Hope you're sister is pleased with the outcome and enjoys her stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well done! Here is the list of garages and parking lots operated by the Philadelphia Parking Authority

The garage at 1540 Vine Street is a bargain at a flat rate of $5 from Friday evening to Monday early morning, but its a bit of a walk back to the Crowne Plaza.

Your sister may want to sign up for the Priority Club card through the Crowne Plaza website and present it upon check in. She won't earn points for this stay but it may help to get her room preference. I've read several reports about the small rooms at this hotel. But the location is pretty good, a short walk to the "EL" or the Broad Street Subway. I read somewhere that the Reading Terminal Market will be open Sundays, not sure when this begins.

she could sign up online, get a number, and phone the hotel during the mid-afternoon "lull" between check outs and check ins to confirm her reservation and ask for a room with two queens (or one king if she prefers sleeping three stooge style) ....all the while smiling like this :) not like this: :) hoping she does not get the clerk from HExx with an attitude like this: :) If she gets a :o clerk, move on and call back later.... Tell the desk clerk that its a special occasion, your son/neice/fill in the blank just started at Temple University and this is a surprise visit, or something like that......

Tell the desk clerk that its a special occasion, your son/neice/fill in the blank just started at Temple University and this is a surprise visit, or something like that......

Lying to desk clerk makes desk clerk :) ! Just :D and :) a lot and clerk will be :o or even :) ...

(betterbidding has a five emoticon maximum per post? *surprised looking guy here*)

as Sgt. Hulka put it in the movie Stripes.... lighten up, Francis!! She's not asking for the Presidential suite....

Remember, this is Philly, the town that threw snowballs at Santa Claus during an Eagles game....this town is not known for exceptional service.....making up a story is acceptable in my book once you encounter the "Clerk from He**" with an attitude which is the rule rather than the exception at this property

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]