Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hotel Monaco

rotorhead25
By rotorhead25,
in

:) OK this is really starting to make me mad. I have used priceline about 6 times in the past and have been really happy with my winning bids. Now I cant get a bite in the downtown area for under 130 bucks. Ive seen that there are plenty of people posting deals at under 100 last month and this month. Ive looked at the convention website and only a few minor happenings.... now on the 29th... long AFTER i've left there is a major packaging convention supposed to bring 75000 people... so i can see there being a problem getting a room then.....but im not goingot be there then :) .

OK so what am i doing wrong. Ive used the loop, then added greater chicago, then added michigan ave. all while incresing my bids. started at 70 then 80 and 100. have done this over the last 2 weeks, each day going up in price. is there something special going on that im missing?

Plan was fly to MDW (taken care of on southwest)... then get a room for two nigths. night one settle in good dinner rest. day 2 go to musum to see King Tut exibit, sleep then fly out in the morning. We would take train from MDW to town then taxi to hotel... should I just forget staying in town and stay closed to the airport? Didn't want to pay more for the room then the flight.. doesnt seem right. Ultimately want to spend less then 75 a night as the fligth is only 230.00 for the BOTH of us round trip.!!! any sugestions?

BTW can you bid on hotwire all i can find is what is being offered... link im missing?

How about the Holiday Inn City Center / Navy Pier for $154/nite? No booking fee so just slightly more than your above bids and cancellable up until 3 days before your check-in... seems like a good back-up to use and saves the hassle of commuting in from the airport each day?

Does that work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you employee a last minute strategy, and book a cancellable back up, such as the one above... then you can't get burned. :)

If you do nothing and wait, then of course you could get stuck paying substantially higher rates!

For a further discussion of 'when to bid' see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't stay near MDW, it's not a great area, and I definitely wouldn't priceline it: the area is too large and you could get somewhere quite far away from the EL and in a less-than-safe place. The Loop is what you want but it may cost you. Look at it this way: even if you only sleep there, that's about 16 hours you spend in the room versus only a few on the plane. So on a per-hour basis it will still be cheaper than your plane tickets!?

Hotwire does not have bidding.

With a wink I ask... what, really, does the price of your plane ticket have to do with the price of your hotel room? :)

You may have to pay more than you're used to. You also may be bidding too far out. Take a deep breath, then please make a backup reservation somewhere and update us on what you'd like to do for bidding (* level, max bid, zones)...

• 1 month later...

ok here it is ..finally did itafter daily trying

4* hotel monaco chicago 112.00 night oct24 and 25th.

80 north michan ave reject

90 loop reject

112 greater chicago

accepted in loop for 112.00

go tired of doing all the rebids and went for the jugular today. especially since ive started this the 4* free rebid in the stokies was lost

thanks all

ok, im back

The Hotel Monaco is an awsome hotel!!!! Walk to anything in the theather district and the EL is on the corner!

Cant say enought good things about this place. I only mentioned that we were there for our anniversary and with in 20 mins of being in the room there was a knock and a comp bottle of chamagine! TOTALLY not expected! Great staff, great location, well worth the 112/ night. I wouldnt pay the full fare of 300+ but to me no hotel is worth that... Some have written they didnt like the bath and it was too small.. we had a king room and ther was plenty of space. only sleeping, bathing and maybe hanging out until the activity. Again great hotel! would recomend if you can choose.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]