Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (USE) Courtyard Downtown

clplunke
By clplunke,
in

All bids through Savings Barn link. Bids up to $90 for 4* and $85 for boutique were rejected in USW, USE, and Fisherman's Warf.

Bid $70 for USW, then rebid $75 by adding Civic Center. Rejected.

Bid $70 for USE, then rebid $72 by adding Civic Center. Accepted.

Courtyard San Francisco Downtown

299 2nd Street

San Francisco, California 94105

415-947-0700

Your Offer Price: $72.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $216.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $40.05

Total Charges*: $256.05

Whoa, a decent-looking 3* in downtown San Francisco? This is an interesting development!

Decent - yes, but hardly "downtown San Francisco". This hotel is at the corner of 2nd and Folsom - three long blocks south of Market St. If the OP needs to be in SOMA for business then this should work well for them, but if they're coming here to visit the main drags and tourist places, it's quite out of the way. Bus 12 stops by the hotel - not sure how frequently - and can be used to go to The Embarcadero, Chinatown, etc.

Free parking available at some stretches of Harrison St (one south of Folsom) but some 3-4 blocks from the hotel and break-ins are commonplace thanks to American "privacy concerns" that stop authorities from installing security cameras even where a car is broken into every night...

zbyenye,

Thanks for the tips. I figured it wasn't the greatest location for the touristy stuff, but for the price I can't complain too much. We plan on using the bus to get around. We only need a car for the weekend in San Jose, so I think we'll return our rental car when we get to San Francisco so the parking won't be an issue. The money saved will pay for a lot of bus or cab fare.

• 1 month later...

I really don't think that this hotel is as inconvenient as the poster made it sound. Closeby is the 30 Stockton bus that runs up 3rd usually every 5 minutes, and it goes to Union Square, Chinatown, and Fisherman's Wharf, as well as all the way to Broderick & Beach. It runs from Townsend, down 3rd, to Kearny, Sutter, Stockton, Columbus, North Point, Van Ness, Chestnut, Broderick to Beach.

And there are things to do down there, too, like see the Yerba Buena Gardens, Academy of Sciences (and Bucca di Beppo!), and the Museum of Modern Art. And I've gone on walking tours of SOMA through the Library that were great -- all the new buildings and Art Deco to the west of the Courtyard by Marriott, and then, of course, the Ferry Building and the Embarcadero....

really don't think that this hotel is as inconvenient as the poster made it sound.

I agree. It's just as far away from, say, the Embarcadero Center as the EconoLodge Hilton (333 O'Farrell) is. It's close enough to the Montgomery BART station and I don't care about Fisherman's Wharf or the cable cars. I'd be happy to get this place.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]