Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Courtyard

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

First bid Greentree, $40 bid, 3* (trying for Radisson based on previous success) -- bid failed

Second bid, added Airport to Greentree, so Airport and Greentree, 3* still, took bid down to $30 -- bid failed.

(I always go low on airport bids)

So, knowing that the Courtyard airport was 2.5 star, added 2.5*, bid $35 (I've gotten the Courtyard Marriot MANY times with the same $35 bid).

Success... We are most pleased.. We've been getting the Sheraton 4 Points a lot for $30 bids... We like the Courtyard better. It has better access, a small but nice indoor pool and sauna (4 points is outside, and will be closing this weeked, thus in 2 weeks, no pool at the Sheraton). The Courtyard always accomadates our bedding requests as well. I don't know how the star system works (as in why 4 Points is a 3 and Courtyard is 2.5), but I think the Courtyard is a better hotel. For business or family travel. Sheraton 4 points did add high speed internet recently, which it never had before, while Courtyard has always had it.

I imagine 4 points gets a 3 star because it has a hotel and bar, which is the only thing 4 points has that courtyard lacks.

4 Points did recently add very nice bedding, but the Courtyard has good beds as well.

But to sum it up, I think I've gotten the Courtyard Marriot airport EVERY TIME I've bid $35 at 2.5* for the airport.

Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh Airport 2

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]