Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Hilton

AinA
By AinA,
in

I started bidding for 3* Seattle Airport zone at $40 upping my bid $2 each time. I wasn't committed to arriving in SEA on the 1st and still had the option of arriving on the 2nd. On my last free re-bid zone of North Everett my bid of $52 was accepted for RENTON!!!!

Apparently when I clicked on N. Everett, Renton got included too?!?!? I automatically entered my initials on the confirmation page and got back my bid was accepted. I then bought my plane ticket for the 1st rather than the 2nd since I had a room.

I went back and took a closer look at the room and realized it is in RENTON! Granted Renton is relatively close to the airport but I am getting in at O'Dark-thirty and I don't want to sit and wait 30 minutes for a shuttle.

I called Priceline and they pointed out my screw up. I backed through the screens and saw they were correct. Doh! For a $25 fee they will grant you and EXCEPTION and cancel a reservation, if you re-bid and win a new reservation in the same town/star level they will refund the $25 cancellation fee and only charge you a $25 change fee. Although.... if you are only staying ONE night they do waive the change fee.

I tried to re-bid starting at the beginning with just the airport zone selected and that was a no go. I went back and reselected all my free re-bid zones and submitted what should have been my final free re-bid with N. Everett. I got a message telling me I was a dumba$$ and that I already had won a room are you sure you would like to continue? I clicked yes and my $60 bid was accepted for Hilton Airport (I will post a winning bid thread for this).

Now I have submitted the request for the refund of the $25 cancellation fee. I will post an update as to the progress of that when it comes down the pike.

I have read others admonish us (usually after their own errors) to read that confirmation page carefully. Well, after years of bidding for the same dang place so many times I got complacent. This was my 7th bid for the same night so by that point I was just going through the motions telling Mr. AinA that he was probably going to be stuck with me for the night.

So in closing.... READ THE CONFIRMATION PAGE CAREFULLY !!!! LOL!!!

-A

I started bidding for 3* Airport zone at $40 upping $2 for each free re-bid. On my final free re-bid I made a mistake and apparently added Renton and (surprise) won a room in Renton for $52, canceled that (see Botched Bid post) and resubmitted final free re-bid for $60 winning the Airport Hilton.

-A

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]