Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Clark-Westfield) Crowne Plaza

2kids1dog
By 2kids1dog,
in

Hi

There is a map on the priceline bidding page that clearly shows each of the zones. You can look at each of the zones and only select the ones that are suitable. If your bid is successful you will only get a hotel from one of your chosen zones.

I believe the areas that you would like are zones in the Newark NJ bidding vicinity. So that is why it says Newark area. There are 7 zones to select from in the area.

Hope this helps

The dates of stay are 9/8-9/9.

Thank you for your help! I'm going to try rebidding again today (I think the 72 hours will be up this afternoon), and will use the savingsbarn link again.

I had 3 unsuccessful bids, 3* $35 was rejected, added an area and bid 3* $40 (rejected), added an area and changed it to a 2.5*, bid $45 (rejected).

I'll try again today.

Thanks again for the help.

I had 3 unsuccessful bids, 3* $35 was rejected, added an area and bid 3* $40 (rejected), added an area and changed it to a 2.5*, bid $45 (rejected).

What areas are you adding???

If you're trying to use the free rebid techniques outlined on this site, note that the same zones are not necessarily safe at 2.5* as 3*.

Do you want to post your exact strategy with zone names here, so we can verify it?

OK, I'm obviously more confused than I'm letting on! :)

I'd ultimately like the 3* in Clark. So I'm first bidding on that. When that is rejected, I'm adding Meadowlands/Rutherford. If that doesn't work, I'm adding Secaucus/North Bergen. Secaucus would be great, but I'm afraid they'll wind up in North Bergen or Union City.

Does that help? Am I doing this right or could I be going about it in a better way?

I really appreciate the help!

STOP!!! Make sure you know what you're doing before bidding.

List and post below each zone in the Newark area and the highest star rating available in each zone by using this technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...listing each zone in Newark. Aren't there tons?
No, when you enter "Clark, NJ" into the Priceline "Name Your Own Price" city, you are then shown the zones within the Newark area (Clark-Westfiled) being one of them.... there are six others, for a total of seven zones that make up the "Newark-Meadowlans" area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, when I enter Clark I get Clark, NJ and Clark-Cranford, NJ. If I click on Clark, I get Clark, Westfield, Plainfield, South Plainfield. If I click on Clark-Cranford, I'm shown additional areas (Short Hills-Summit, Newark, Mead-Secaucus, Jersey City, etc.).

I've been clicking on Clark. When I do that, it only lists one 3 star hotel in that zone . When I choose that one, it also brings up other areas (zones?). I believe it says Choose Where You Want to Stay and then it lists several other zones (Clark-Westfield, Newark, Meadowlands-Rutherford etc.).

Now I know the Meadowlands-Rutherford area has 3* hotels also, and that is an area that would also be acceptable to me, as would Secaucus (but not North Bergen) as I've mentioned. So should I not choose that zone either because of the chance that I could be (or rather my parents!) somewhere I don't want to be?

My bottom line is Clark is good, as is Secaucus, East Rutherford, Lyndhurst or any of the local hotels around

the Meadowlands Complex or near it.

Am I really that far off in what I'm doing?

I think I need to give up.

don't give up, quitters never win!!! :)

Just take a deep breath and when you get back on the Priceline site, enter Clark NJ and your dates of travel. You will then see Priceline's "shop and compare" site, you want to bypass this so just click on the "name your own price" tab. You will see 7 different zones in the Newark-Meadowlands area, can you list these below? When you check off each zone individually, you will see the "star levels" for the zone that you checked off. Check and uncheck each zone individually and please list the star ratings for each of these zones.

This exercise could result in a $50 savings over conventional rates, and make you a betterbidder!

Or, you could just use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding and pay $112 for the Crowne Plaza in Clark... :)

I think I need to give up. I've reread that thing twice, and I still don't understand. I also don't understand your message about listing each zone in Newark. Aren't there tons?

I just did what you did, trying to bid a hotel on 9/8 to 9/9 at Clark NJ area ... and I see what you were talking about. Basically, you hit an "exception". In normal cases, when you enter a city, say, Jersey City, NJ, and it is a "unique" city, so it automatically go to all the related zones and maps for you to start bidding ...

Since, PL seems not yet work out Clark area, their database has some "non unique" cities, like Clark. So, this intermidiate screen pops out to let the user choose which one they really mean ...

So, in your case, simply choose the one will include all Clark - Westfield zone, Newark, Jersey city, ...etc. Then you "check" the zone you want to bid on ...

Again, it is just that PL will have to work on to clear this area ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]