Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Greater) Marriott Medical District

nai808
By nai808,
in

Hi,

I wanted to share my recent win in the Greater Chicago area. I feel a little worried based on the location of this hotel, as I've heard both positive and negative feedback about its location. I know this hotel offers free rides within a 1 mile radius, which I assume will at least help us get to great local transportation. If anyone has any advice or input for this first time Chicago visitor, please share! We will of course be alert, not lingering around the streets at night and aware of our surroundings at all times.

I feel this win was a good one, because I can't even remember the order of al my bids and re-bids. I believe there is a large convention in town during this time?

Thanks, All!

Marriott Chicago at Medical District UIC

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $345.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $63.51

Total Charges*: $408.51

The neighborhood is right on the border of where things get rough on the west side. You're 1/2 mile from the Medical District stop on the 24 hour section of the blue line. So take the hotel shuttle and make sure it will come back for you. You're also 1/3 mile from the Polk stop on the pink/non-24 hour blue line. The hotel can help you with public transportation info.

I wouldn't plan to do much walking in that neighborhood. Think hotel shuttle -> train -> downtown.

Mike pretty much said it all. Just be careful and use the hotel shuttle to and from the hotel to public transit. The hotel itself gets pretty good reviews, but it is not really in an optimal area for a tourist looking to see the city. It's mainly for people who need to stay near the Medical District.

I won this late last night (9/21), and was pretty surprised myself.

Based on recent replies about the area, I will definitely be careful. Thanks...So basically I should not get lost, go toward the west side, and I should head straight to public transportation, right? I hope the transportation system is easy enough to understand. :S

I think for someone new to the city, I would definitely recommend going right to transit and then head downtown. The transit system is Chicago is definitely straightforward and easy to use. Transitchicago.com offers maps, fare information and more. Chicago-l.org offers more specific stop information. Any questions you may have, please ask and one of the locals here will respond.

Great. Thanks so much. I will have to do my research, as we will only be in Chicago for 2.5 days and I'm sure there is too much to see! Also, I have to assume that I will be in the same boat as other visitors in the hotel...at least my being overly paranoid will make me more street smart. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]