Priceline Hotel: 10/27-10/30 rejected 5* bids

chen
By chen,
in

I'm looking for the best hotel I can find for under $170 a night in vegas for 10/27-10/30. I just bid on priceline via savingsbarn.com link. I bid in $10 increments from $129 - 159. All rejected. The Venetian shows rooms for $329 a night for these dates so I think I will likely have to go higher. My max is $170 a night (before taxes).

I noticed the Alladin is available on EasyClickTravel for I think $160. Is this a decent hotel?

I can get the MGM for $229 - 10/27 and then $69 for 10/28-10/29 via my players club card so I would consider splitting my bid. It's in the MGM West Wing, which I hate, so I would prefer to stay somewhere else.

Suggestions?

thanks.

The Aladdin looks to currently be your best deal. One advantage of EasyClickTravel is that their reservations in most cities (Vegas included) are cancellable up to 72 hours before your check-in date... so if the above is currently available you can book it now and cancel if something better comes along.

With the above said, i've never stayed at the Aladdin, but i DO recommend it to a lot of users... their rate thru EasyClickTravel is usually very good and it has a great strip location. Their currently is some constructions due to the this hotel turning into a Planet Hollywood property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd rather stay at the Alladin for $160 over the Nugget for $138, however, a lot of PL bids seemed to be in the $80 -$100 range for the Nugget and I was hoping to book sub-$100. Bummer :)

If I could get the Nugget for under $90 I would take it instantly.

ps. My eyes may be deceiving me but it appears that there is no longer a "downtown" zone on hotwire for Vegas.

Has Fremont St. backed out of the opaque services?????

I just booked another room (which I can cancel) at the Excalibur at the following rates:

>10/27/06 = $129.00

>10/28/06 = $139.00

>10/29/06 = $79.00

For a total with tax of $378.23, which is approx. $145 cheaper than the Aladdin. It also comes with comes with 2 free spa, $20 food credit and $20 match play.

I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the Aladdin is worth the extra $145 over the Excalibur?

That's a tough call as it depends what you're looking for from the stay.

Expect Excalibur (which i hope you remember we're an affiliate of :) ) to have a fair number of kids running around and is located at the "Four Corners" on the strip. The Aladdin is a bit more centrally located and a 'cut above' the Exacalibur.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked the Aladdin via a playersclub offer for about $50 cheaper than on EasyClickTravel.

For my dates I got:

$149

$149

$139

the rezzie also includes:

$10 in Free Slot Play with $20 Coin-in

2-for-1 Breakfast or Lunch Buffets in the award-winning Spice Market Buffet

(Offer valid Monday-Thursday. Does not include applicable taxes and gratuities.)

2 Tickets to a Show in the V Theater

I wonder if EasyClickTravel will drop their prices?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]