Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Airport ORD) Radisson

gbs
By gbs,
in

I would suggest you consider total cost of your visit. At some point it becomes more affordable to look at suburban zones farther out and consider the cost of driving to where you need to be (rental car + gas + parking).

Can you tell us more about the purpose for your trip and why you need to be by the airport?

Also, what is your maximum bid?

We just need one night at the airport for a lay-over. We are coming in from Warsaw at 6 pm, and our flight to the west coast leaves at 8 am the following morning. I was hoping, of course, for the $55 I've seen a lot of people get, but today bid to 90 for a 4* and 75 for a 3*. My budget is flexible, but I like to get a good deal!

Thanks for your help

Rates are pretty high for that night at most hotels.

I would strongly encourage you to book a fully refundable/cancellable backup reservation right now.

There is a Candlewood Suites in Schiller Park (2 miles/3.22km to airport) for $112.99 and a Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village (6 miles/9.66 km to airport) for $129 available for 9/26.

Due to location and better reviews, I would pick the Candlewood. There are reports that their airport shuttle may not be 24 hours so you should contact them and make sure it runs early and late enough for your trip. Also, make sure the rate you book is a fully cancellable/refundable rate.

Please use this board's HOLIDAY INN or CANDLEWOOD SUITES links to book your stay.

That will take some of the pressure off for you.

You're still quite a ways off from your stay. We often see hotels load lower rates 30 days or earlier away from the arrival date. I would recommend (after you book a backup) that you bid every few days up to a reasonable limit below your backup (say $70 for a 4*?) until 29 days out, then perhaps inch it up just a bit (to $80 for a 4*?) and wait it out.

Also, check HOTWIRE each time before you bid. You might find a deal there. If you do, you may also want to use that as a guideline for a lower priceline bid. (Always compare total cost including taxes and fees.)

Good luck and keep us updated on how you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been bidding regularly for a 4 and 3* with no luck. We are leaving tomorrow, so tonight I bid a 4* up to 110, no luck, bid 88 for a 3*, was told I could bid again if I increased by 22, added a free rebid and went to 99. got it tje Radisson Ohare for 99. No great deal, but better than the Candlewood Suites for 112.

Thanks for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]