Priceline Hotel: NYC 9/22 - 9/24 need help

russrimm
By russrimm,
in

Need 2 rooms on 9/22-9/24. Tried MTE, MTW, MTS, Downtown/SoHo from $120-$140 all were rejected. Am I way off in my price? Is UM/CPS a safe & good area as well?

Also do I need to wait 24 hours to try again? I tried closing and reopening the browser as mentioned in some posts but it didn't seem to make a difference (it still remembered me).

Most tourists here bid UM/CPS (with MTW, MTE). Some bid MTS. Most do not bid Downtown/SoHo. Have you bid up to $140 in each of the zones you listed? What is your actual maximum bid? *-level? Backup reservation?

Have you checked HOTWIRE?

"Closing the browser" is only used when starting a new bid. It doesn't allow you to violate the priceline rules of needing to change zone or * rating or dates or waiting 24 hours. So, for example, if you had a strategy that involved bidding $100, 105, 110 in MTE then $100, 105, 110 in MTW -- you'd have to close the browser between MTE $110 and MTW $100.

You should read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED which describes how to add zones with only lower rated hotels to gain an extra bid in a zone. Ask questions if it's unclear.

If you answer the questions above, we can offer you a strategy for your particular situation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]