Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Ft. Lee-Hackensack) Hilton

Peri
By Peri,
in

I booked a hotel through Hotwire for a August 5th for one night. It was the Hilton fort lee, and I paid $88.

It was the most horrible experience. We got stuck in the worst possible room, even though I called to confirm this with the hotel ahead of time.

We got a tiny full bed, almost like a twin for 2 people. Also, the shower was barely working. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was so close to NYC. Really only a 20 minute drive to midtown.

I am very dissapointed because I complained to Hotwire AND the hotel, with no results.

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply

Peri, this looks like a new hotel for the list. I had stayed here several times about 5 years ago by booking conventionally, it was a nice property. It sounds like you got the "Hotwire" room from an un-sympathetic clerk, and a room with one Double bed would satisfy Hotwire's minimum for a 2 person reservation. When you called the hotel to confirm, did you ask for your room preference king or two doubles, non/smoking? Was the Hilton sold out for that evening? I always present my HHonors card when checking into a Hilton property, although I don't get points, I have never been denied my room preference. Sorry that this didn't work out for you this time, but the location of this hotel can't be beat, less than 1 mile to the George Washington Bridge. Hotwire's Ft. Lee-Hackensack zone is so huge, it includes the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton, and borders Fair Lawn and Rochelle Park. Priceline splits this area into 3 zones.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]