Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (CBD-Downtown) JW Marriott

Newbie2006
By Newbie2006,
in

Was helping my friend to book a 4* hotel for his business trip. First bid at $50 was rejected, counter-offered $16 more for a free rebid. Declined & Add a zone (Airport = Free Rebid) at $54 dollars and got accepted!

Was Hoping for W Hotel but oh wells. What's the difference b/t JW Marriott and the regular Marriott?

Used SB Link to start bidding.

Check-In Date: Sunday, August 13, 2006

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hotel Name: Marriott Jw New Orleans

614 Canal Street

New Orleans, Louisiana 70130

504-525-6500

Your Offer Price: $54.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $162.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $34.65

Total Charges: $196.65

Also bid on the cars via priceline. Should I post the winning bid in the car section of the board?

Nicely done!

I think as a brand, the JW Marriott is a bit more upscale (and often resort-y) than the typical Marriott. If anyone has more information on the difference please add your comments.

Please post your car rental win separately in the Priceline Car Rental forum.

Thanks for the post and having your friend book with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree, the JW's tend to be a bit nicer. The Marriott's tend towards more cookie-cutter business hotels.

In New Orleans, the JW used to be the Le Meridien. It's a few blocks up Canal from the Marriott, so it's closer to Bourbon Street, but farther from the Convention Center.

Wow Le Meridan is a super nice hotel! I bypass one in Japan..it looks SUPER nice, I hope they can join priceline in Tokyo so I can bid on it later this year when I visit there. Sounds like this is a much better deal than the Inter-Continental hotel on the review. Too bad i am not going there tho!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]