Hotwire Hotel: Jersey City Hotwire hotel options

canny_mal
By canny_mal,
in

Hi there

Please forgive my ignorance as I am very new here. I have been researching hotels in the Jersey City area for a visit I'm making in September. I've done a search daily for the last couple of weeks and the options offered to me are always the same 3 hotels albeit with constantly fluxuating tarrifs.

In the name of research I widened my search but it seems that no matter what dates I put in, whether it be within the next week or so or 6 months in advance, or for that matter number of nights required the only 3 options that ever come up are a 1* which appears from the amenities list to be the Super 8, a 2* which appears to be Howard Johnson North Bergen and a 4* which appears to be the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson - I'd love to stay here but the tarrif has always been in excess of $300 per night.

So my question is, does the Candlewood Suites, Doubletree Suites and Marriot Courtyard never come up through a Hotwire search?

Thanks in advance.

The amenities for the 3 hotels which keep coming up on nearly all the searches I've done for Jersey City are as follows.....

4* = Fitness Centre, Resturant, Pool, Business Centre, Internet (Hyatt on the Hudson??)

2* = Breakfast, Laundry (Howard Johnson North Bergen??)

1* = No Amenities listed (Super 8??)

The very maximum I can afford per night is about $135 per room per night but ideally nearer to $100

The number of people in my party is 4

Dates required are 20th September 2006 for 7 nights

I know it's asking a lot, taking into account there are four of us and we're in town for 7 nights.

As I said in my original post, purely for research I have tried various dates both in the next couple of weeks right up to dates way into 2007 and for various numbers of nights and I still just get the 3 hotels listed above. I know the Candlewood Suites, Doubletree Suites and Marriot Courtyard all have hotels in the Jersey City area but they never seem to be offered on Hotwire, no matter how many different searches I try. Do these hotels never or at least very rarely, sell through Hotwire?

I know the alternative is to try using Priceline but as there are 4 of us in my party I am reluctant as I understand Priceline only garentees one bed in a room.

Hotwire will only show you the lowest priced hotel at each star rating in the zone.

The Courtyard and Doubletree in Jersey City have never been received thru HOTWIRE, so they may (likely) not participate.

The Candlewood Suites won't show on your search since their standard rooms only accomodate double occupancy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]