Hotel soliciting Priceline business...

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Here's a first: hotel advertising its participation in Priceline.

I am in St. Louis, and may need to relocate here for about 6 months. While touring the loft zone in downtown, I came across the new WS hotel that had ads in its window about selling and leasing condos. Walked in, saw a studio and a 1-bedroom (both huge and beautifully furnished) but that's another story. Before leaving, the receptionist gave me an information package with a fact sheet showing the following:

Travelocity rating...5 stars Hotels.com rating...5 stars

Expedia.com rating...5 stars Orbitz rating...5 stars

Priceline.com rating...4 stars

How about that? Not only telling us it's available on Priceline, but also at what star level!

I always believed that hotels care little about opacity, and a lot about filling empty rooms.

My guess is that this is a new hotel chain (do they even have multiple locations?)

For a place like this, i'm sure getting their name out, letting potential customers know they exist and are a legitimate hotel, and filling rooms, is more important than opacity. If this property comes up in a search or is listed on a consolidators website i'm sure many people would just bypass them figuring it was some 'no-name' hotel and therefore questionable (although it looks quite nice on their website). Mentioning as many rating agencies as possible helps their current dilemma of establishing credibility.

On the otherhand, established chains (Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, etc) are more likely concerned about opacity.

This brings up another interesting point. It has often been said that the hotel/priceline contract stipulates that Priceline will not disclose the name of the hotels they deal with, yet i wonder if the reciprocal is also true... are the hotels allowed to publicize that they work with Priceline?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

So, my friends, seeing as I have to spend this winter in St. Louis, I went ahead and leased a studio at this awesome WS hotel, for a price that beats Priceline!

For $1200/month, I got a giant 750sqft studio, fully furnished, full kitchen, big bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub, all utilities included, even high-speed Internet, plus free access to gym in the same building -- just like any regular hotel guest. The only exclusion is maid service - I'll have to pay $25 per visit if I want it. And I can leave with 15 days notice.

I'm sorry that this means I won't be posting too many winning bids in the next months... I'm sure it will feel strange to live in the same place for more than a week...

I'm sorry that this means I won't be posting too many winning bids in the next months...  I'm sure it will feel strange to live in the same place for more than a week...

Well i'm happy for you that you can now plant your feet somewhere for awhile.

Although i'm sure your posts will decline somewhat, i hope your board visits do not as you have a lot of experience and advice to offer! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]