Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

LARL43
By LARL43,
in

Never been to Vancouver, so I need help choosing a location. I'm flying out of Vancouver Airport on 7/23 early a.m. so I'd like to be near the airport, but also near the main activity area. i'd prefer 4* and am willing to go up to $125/night. Thank you!

I'd like to be near the airport, but also near the main activity area

I think these two are mutually exclusive, as it's about 25-30 minutes from the airport to downtown. If you look at this Cruise Pier Hotels map and zoom out (by clicking the '-' button on the left side of the map) you will eventually see the airport and its location relative to the downtown area.

Not sure which you'd like to choose or if you'd rather split your stay into two nites downtown and then one nite near the airport.

We've also added a strategy to your priceline seattle thread, let us know how that goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare is, of course, absolutely correct.

If you want to see something of Vancouver you'd be better off splitting your bid or staying downtown and taking a cab or the airporter out to the airport on the morning of your flight.

It's not very easy or quick to get downtown from the airport unless your driving but then you've got the hassle of parking in Vancouver.

I'm in Vancouver, and can definitely answer to this. If you have a few days, stay downtown Vancouver then take a taxi or shuttlebus to the Airport. If you want to even take a regular transit bus to the Airport you can, but you will have to transfer once.

It's unlikely you would need to rent a car and it is also hard to park in the city -- there is only pay parking downtown which will also add to your cost. The bus system can take you all over the city, but also look at a map for Skytrain (or any of the buses for that matter, at www.translink.bc.ca) which links many destinations over the whole lower mainland easily an cheaply (also part of the city transit). The Skytrain is mostly above-ground so you can really see a lot in a short amount of time -- also you can cover large distances more efficiently than if you were to take a car. The city transit system even includes the SeaBus which is a water transport that can take you from Vancouver over water to North Vancouver, a very picturesque trip with Lonsdale Quay Market at the North Van side. The transit system is clean and safe. Your bus/skytrain/seabus is all valid on the same transfer, so within the 1 and a half hours (your transfer is valid for)you can even make a return trip on the same fare. Fares go by 'zones' so check the map at the station before you buy your fare.

Mostly, don't be tempted to stay in a hotel by the Airport, you will feel stranded. You can take buses into downtown from there, but I doubt you want to spend more than 30 minutes on a bus each morning to go to Downtown Vancouver. Stay downtown and enjoy the city. The trip to the Airport should be less than 30 minutes and not a big deal.

Enjoy your trip.

Sorry I never replied, but this was a surprise b-day trip for wife and I was doing everything very low-profile and had minimal chances to plan everything. I ended up bidding a 4 star in Vancouver.

Bid 100 - denied

Rebid 110 - denied

Rebid 120 - denied

Rebid - 125 ... accepted!

Ended up with the Hyatt Regency.

Great hotel, great location, great city, great vacation!

Thanks for the help. Will make paypal contribution soon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]