Priceline Hotel: 3* Parsippany-Morristown (Morristown-Florham Park) Hyatt

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

On the one hand, not yet finish all the walks at this historic Morristown, on the other hand, I am curious what is the minimum since I got it by accident last week at $37... So, I bid again ...

I started at $33 since Somerset Marriott I always got $33, but countered $9, rejected because I knew I could always get $37, and add $1 to each rebid and failed on $35 then lower to 2.5* and add $1 to get this one $36 ...

Also, I found out right next to this hotel, there is a bank called Countrywide which gives 5.65% CD on 12 months, so I want to put some money there to enjoy the highest CD I can find, and every month or two, I would use the interest to bid on this nice hotel and stay free because I will travel to Morristown to take care my investment right next door... He He... :)

Dear biddingforhotel,

I happen to want to stay in Morristown areas for this weekend too. So I followed your footsteps.

First and foremost, let me say I like your style very much. Your reports inspire and instruct bidders more than other posts which many a time are quite late after the fact, and that these othe posts often just state the priceline reply without brief bidding history and personal perspectives. Thanks for your posts...

But then I, for one, am very appreciative of all posts here anyway, and truthfully.

Having followed your footsteps, however, I had no luck at $36 and $37 for 7/15 (Sat) checkin.

I started at $36 then added $1 for rebid. No counter offer. Failed at both from biddings just earlier on this evening.

I think hotel web site shows about same prices for your 7/14 and my 7/15. In fact there are more and better rates for 7/15 I believe.

What is your insights? Could it be that your incremental $1s, coupled with downgrade to *2.5 encourages priceline system to respond, not wanting to let "such" a customer slip away... (Wild guess of course)

...or you can check out Arthur's Tavern and the signature 24 oz rib eye steak in nearby Morris Plains :)

Thanks for the message. Arthur's Tavern is at 700 Speedwell Morris Plains and on the same street of this Hyatt but different town... and I used to work at Morris Plains so it is kind of good to visit again ... by the way, I used to live at Morristown and I checked out the house I lived last weekend ...

...or you can check out Arthur's Tavern and the signature 24 oz rib eye steak in nearby Morris Plains :)

Great! I did visit Arthur's Tavern right at 700 Speedwell Av Morris Plains (Hyatt Morristown is at 3 Speedwell Av Morristown), and I got a 48 oz steak (well, it was $29 and 24 oz was $19 ...). It is located across street to the Morris Plains Train Station, can't miss it. When I arrived, I realized that I went there often with my colleague when I worked at Morris Plains, and I found my seat at 2nd floor next to windows ... It was very crowd, but I was glad that I arrived there before 6pm ...

Since it was so convenient that I watched two moviews, "The Cars" and "The Littleman" at this ClearView Cienema right at the Headquarter Plaza where the Hyatt is located during two day stays. There was also sample dinner food served outside the movie theater, very nice tasted food, they give 3 course dinner, each $25 with free movie tickets, so they do need more customers to the hotel ...

The first thing we did right after visiting the George Washington Headquarter (now only show from 10am to 4pm, every hour, with the guided tour) was to check in the hotel and get parking ticket validated (to save $19 self parking, btw, 0 to 8 hour valet was $10 and overnight valet was $15), then went to the Olimpic size pool at the health club first ... (free with room key).

Wow! I even found out that this health club provide "childcare", $2 a day!!! and $50 a month!!! You can leave your kids there in the playroom with all kinds of toys and babysitter for just $2 for as long as you stay there for the day!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]