Priceline Hotel: Bidding for 10/27 - 10/30

GlennTheBaker
By GlennTheBaker,
in

Hello and good afternoon (as it is here in England)

I have booked some mega-cheap flights to NYC for the dates mentioned and now obviously need a hotel. I've been to NYC once before and stayed at the Marriott Financial Center in early December 2002. I won it via Priceline with a bid of

So... I have almost the same 'problem'... I want to stay 10-10 - 15/10 (or 10/15 as they say in the US)

It seems hotel are asking skyhigh rates in this period. I don't understand why I paid 140 dollar before for the Paramount and 99 dollar foor the Quality Inn @times square and now it's almost 3 times that price.

Anyway... On this forum they suggest you to book a hotel which you can cancel. In the meantime, come back to this site/priceline and keep on bidding.

That's how I do it, besides that I need to make a decision about the hotel for backup ;-)

Glenn,

Hello from the same side of the pond.

October is an expensive time and I am there the weekend before you. I have a back up (in MTW area) and am sitting tight till nearer the date. There are 4 of us and we will need 2 rooms if we use P/l so that makes it more of a problem. Have not checked Hotwire lately but the last time I checked it was very high.

It is down to simple economics - supply is less than the demand= prices rising. Cheap fares from UK just make it worse.

What is the purpose of your trip? Your answer may help others advise you on our options.

Good luck

Blueskies

Hi and thanks for the replies.

The purpose of our trip is purely leisure.

I have pretty much decided to sit tight until about 6 weeks before I go and then have another crack at Priceline. In the meantime, as I mentioned in my original post, I have my cancellable backup in place so if all else fails at least I have a roof over my head!

Staying in Jersey is definitely something I've thought about. I've had a look at reviews of the Hyatt, Courtyard and Doubletree in Jersey City and they all would do if I can't get anything in NYC itself.

Thanks again everyone. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]